Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ahh, that makes sense now, about the sutures. Goodness, that old dentist of yours deserves to be shot. And if he's dead already, dug up and shot anyway! I'm so glad you have a great dentist now though.

Sending massive :hugs

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey, you need to eat your Thanksgiving dinner. Who cares about teeth? They're family! You'd be in trouble refusing dinner at my house! Lol

That's so un-fun, what an awful thing that guy did to your teeth!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess I'm vain - not taking my falsies out!!

Now my fight is the pharmacist at my local Kroger. The doc had given me a dose of pain meds while I was at the office before I left. He also gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3 w/codeine to start taking this morning. I went to work this morning before I got the script to the pharmacy, but was hurting and left work to come home so I went to the pharmacy to drop off the prescription.

I already didn't feel good so I went through the drive thru. The pharmacist came to the window and said she couldn't fill it because there was some information missing on the prescription and because this was a controlled substance she wouldn't fill it. I asked her if she could call the doctor and she said "no, you need to drive back to the dentist office and get them to fix it." 'Scuse me? I told her the dentist office is 30 minutes away, I'm in pain and I'm not driving back over there. I asked her again to call them. She said no - and do I have any paperwork to prove that I'd been to the doctor? I told her my paperwork was at home, so I lifted up my lip and showed her the sutures in my gums. She got all attitude-y on me and said she didn't need to see all that. I told her that's my proof - you wanted proof - that's it. Besides they had filled a prescription for me on Tuesday for pre-surgical antibiotics. At that point I told her to just throw the prescription away because she obviously wasn't going to try to get it filled for me and I wasn't driving 30 miles back to the dentist. I threw my truck in gear and drove away with her yelling "ma'am, ma'am, come back..." Guess what beyotch...I'm not coming back! EVER!

So, I told DH about it and he goes to their pharmacist in the hospital and asked him how he would have handled it. He tells DH he would have called the dr's office and got it taken care of. DH is fit to be tied and is, according to him, gonna handle it.... I've got bail money if he needs it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh! How ridiculous! And all these people who don't have a valid reason are getting pain pills no problem.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never felt more attacked, humiliated and made to feel like I was a terrible drug hunting crazy person... geeze. But, DH - my sweet hero - talked to her and gave her a piece of his mind. He caught her in several lies. She told him... "I told her I'd call the doc, but she drove off before I could tell her." HUH? She told me, but I drove off before she could tell me? Contradiction much? Anyway - I'm over it! Pain is deep, but dull and tolerable now.

TGIF! I've got lots to do in the next few days.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gotta love a man that gives the pharmacist the Royal What For and gets your prescription filled.

My DH even sleeps with his partial in.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh FEM :hugs That was great of your DH to do that for you and hopefully the beatch will think twice before pulling an attitude on the next sick/in pain person she has to deal with! Goodness. If you take enough aspirin it should help with the pain as well, though I know codeine is amazing. I used to take it for my sinus headaches and never needed a script for it :\ Hope you get feeling better soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH did give her a piece of his mind and when she looked him up on the computer and saw how much money we give them every month is when she started trying to be nicer - by lying. However we didn't get the prescription filled. They do still need the missing info and the dentists office was closed. I had his cell number but I didn't call him... He has taught me a trick for pain and that's to take Motrin and Tylenol together. It's really pretty amazing how well it works. Yesterday morning the pain was the worst and that's when I couldn't get the prescription so I came home and took more Motrin and Tylenol and while it didn't knock it completely it helped. It's better this morning. Just kinda sore, but still a little swollen. Can't dwell on it - got lotsa stuff to do!

I spent a big chunk of time yesterday going through closets and drawers and moving winter/summer clothes to their appropriate seasonal resting places. I'm going to work in the breezeway pantry today. I have some expired food in there that will be turned into dog/hog/chicken food today and I have a bunch of eggs that I'll add to the mix. Also think I'll make some bone broth - for people, not hog/dog/chickens.

Checked goat eyelids yesterday and a few of them will need to be treated. It's that time of year...ugh.

Need coffee and then I'll have to get started.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, Tylenol and ibuprofen together is an amazing thing. Add a cup of coffee and it's as good a migraine fixer as my prescription meds ever were.

Glad you're feeling a bit better today!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

Good to know that it'll work on a migraine too. Luckily I rarely get a headache and if so it's usually associated with the flu...ugh.. Don't want that this year either!

Latest posts