Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If I didn’t know better I’d swear you were pregnant and nesting. LOL
OH HECK no! But it's a similar feeling. The worst thing is that 5 minutes after DD and her brood walk in the front door - all my work will be for naught. There will be 2 adults, 3 kids and THREE DOGS descending upon us.... Why do I bother??? Anyway, I'm about done. Gonna clean the downstairs bathroom and run a mop over the floors in the morning and that's it. Take it or leave it!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh boy, that's a lot of crazy in the house! You'll have a great time... and get back to cleaning as soon as they leave lol!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's going to be worth it! A wonderful time with your loved ones. Happy thanksgiving!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It will TOTALLY be worth it. I don't get enough time with them so this will be awesome. I'll have a captive audience for a couple of days!

Have a tiny bit of last minute cleaning to do and some pre-cooking. So far we're "on" to butcher a pig tomorrow. DD wants to do it and is looking forward to a freezer full o' pig. I need the practice so this is a good opportunity. My goal is to get as good as my neighbor. He did the last one in an hour. He's my hero, lol!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bay.. backatcha!

It's so quiet in my house right now, lol. The first time in 3 days that I can hear myself think. But, it was awesome having the gang all here. This is the first time in over 10 years that I've enjoyed a holiday with BOTH of my kids at the same time. It was so nice!

We had a blast. We played video games, Spades, ate too much and butchered a pig! Woohoo! I was a little worried and almost wussed out-but decided to just jump in and do it

Son in law did the deed. He's never shot anything that was alive but he's an ace shot so he stepped up. He was so respectful, thanked the pig, and made a great shot. Pig dropped in his tracks with a mouth full of corn. We explained to the kids that the pig had a great life being a pig and a tiny little fraction of a second of badness. SIL was a little worried when the pig started twitching, but I explained that it was a natural thing. Kids said it was a little sad, but they were ok with it. They patted him and thanked him for giving his life to be food for them. I was so proud of them!

We turned it all into a biology lesson and they were fascinated with the whole procedure. I sent the entire pig home with them. They'll be eating good for awhile!

GRAPHIC PICTURE WARNING!!

We HAD to dissect the heart....youngest GD want's to be a vet and she was just fascinated seeing the chambers and the aorta...

image.jpg

Last edited: