Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My 10-11 month old is still gangly but, filling in some. Then there's the hair! He's white BUT so much pee that the front half is brown, ugh...:barnie (Conan, too?) And he loves me -- well, he WANTS to love on me. You know, rub his head all over my legs, etc. Yeah I wash these coveralls a lot! This time next year we will both have "filled out" bucks.

Mine is Saanen, and your Kiko happens to be white like mine. I am going to have to color code the kids this year! In the past I have found the Saanen color & look is dominant. My nub buck is black. Even his kids from these does were predominantly white. :idunno

I'm going to the beauty supply -- Spray on color :lol: They don't often go into the rain, so won't wash off too soon.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conan is just a bit over 10 months...his b'day is towards the end of January. I can only remember because he was born a couple days before MY birthday and he was my b'day gift to myself, lol! He was dirtier before I put him out with the girls. It was like he peed on himself out of pure frustration and when he was finally running with the gals he didn't have energy to waste anymore. So, yes, he's discolored, but not terribly.

I HOPE his color is not dominant because I really don't like white goats...or any other white animals really. Just not a fan. Plus, I don't want to lose the likelihood of having any more moon-spotted kids. I know it's not all about color but I'm entitled to want what I want! (and color sells better)

Already started sprinkling outside and I'm not looking forward to tomorrow...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @baymule!

I brought an extra square bale up to the front barn this evening so I won't have to do it tomorrow in the rain.

I'm feeding the pasture goats off of a round bale. The bale is in an area of the barnyard that they can't access - so I peel off a chunk of it and take it to the barn for them. So, today I peeled off a bunch of hay offa the round bale and stacked it where the square bales are for ease of access tomorrow too. Just hope it's not raining in the morning so I can feed then. Cuz despite my preps this evening - if it's storming with lightening I won't be going out into it!

Threw a couple chicken carcasses into the crock pot this morning so I've got more bone broth - yay!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been drizzling here all evening. Should be storming soon. :\

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think it's not supposed to start seriously until mid-day tomorrow - but for some reason I think it'll be earlier. It's been drizzly here off and on all day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had an absolutely gorgeous day today and what did I do? Stayed inside all day. THIS is why I hate house cleaning...I get obsessive. It's kinda like why clean if you're not gonna do EVERYTHING? I hate it, but I can't stop myself. I've moved furniture. I've crawled under the dining room table and dusted the legs. I cleaned out the drawers on the buffet even got under the kitchen sink and cleaned up the cleaning supplies...YIKES! What is wrong with me????

I did manage to get outside and feed a couple times today. It was nice...I felt normal! I managed to catch a goat that I haven't been able to touch in months. Checked her eyelids. Went and got Cydectin and dang if she didn't allow me to catch her again. She's pregnant...gotta be. She's had an entire personality change...no other explanation.

Checked some of my notes today and discovered that I may have a couple goats due in January. :ep

We need pics of baby goats.

Cleaning... You could clean like I clean the wood shop. I open up the south facing garage doors when there is a good stong north wind. Then I get my commercial grade leaf blower fired up and start on the north side, work my way to the south side and blow everything right out the doors.

Then there is a huge mess in the driveway but I have a leaf blower :) I blow everything off the driveway and to the east and then I'm done - it's easy smeazy!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't I wish I could use a leaf blower, lol. If we keep letting Gracie in the house I could use one for all her hair...gee whiz I'm surprised the dog isn't bald.

I'm waiting on baby goats! I'm thinking somewhere around the three week time frame. Of course, that all depends on if my goats don't float away with the rain they have predicted!

However, the latest on the "system" is that the biggest part of it may...just may...stay mostly north of us. I could be ok with that!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hopefully the worst of the rain dodges you! You should have a very busy kidding season!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So far-so good. But judging by the radar I don't think there's a chance that we'll stay dry!
image.jpg