Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yay on the hot tub! That sounds amazing. Hope your brother is o.k. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weird stuff here...hot tub repairman is coming tomorrow to “fix” the hot tub that is running.... he called DH this morning and said the parts are in and he’s coming to replace them. Something sounds a bit strange...if it needs all these new parts then why, pray tell, is it running without them??

I talked to my son and he said maybe there was a bad connection or loose wire that actually got bumped around when the guy was here a couple days ago and now the connection is connected again or something? I don’t get it but I’m gonna have some tough questions for mr repairman.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze - guess I'm getting old cuz I wrote the above posting HOURS ago and must not've hit "post." Did I just invent a new word? Not've? I like it, lol!

Repairman hasn't called back, but I just asked him to call before he come tomorrow. And, I can attest to the fact that it's working pretty well cuz I just got out! Woo Hoo! But, I can tell I haven't been in it for awhile because I couldn't handle 99 degrees. Had to turn it waaaaay down - but 92 was gooooood. I wonder if the temperature reading is correct....?

One thing about being outside for awhile after dark is I got a glimpse into 'night life' out there. Coyotes are howling - and the dogs are going C.R.A.Z.Y! So glad I've got 'em even if they drive me crazy occasionally.

Cowboy has a big hotspot on his butt. WHAT? This time of year? So I did a flea treatment on him and I've been putting meds on his butt - and he's pretty sure he hates me now, lol. He's really just a big ol' baby...

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, this morning the hot tub won't work, lol. Good thing the repairman is on his way I guess....just not looking forward to spending a bunch more money... argh. But, that's the way it goes I guess. If ya wanna play - ya gotta pay.....

Rained over night and now it's windy as heck! But, the wind has blown all the clouds away and it's quite pretty but jut not fun to deal with all that wind. Guess I'll clean house - ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True... I hate having to hire someone to do something I know nothing about. One thing I do know is that my bank account is a good bit smaller now! And, I always have the feeling that I got screwed...always. At one point he told me that the breaker was bad and that he would call an electrician. I said no - I'll call my son. He says - we need an electrician. I said - my son IS an electrician. So, I called my son and told the repairman that son would be here in about 15 minutes. By the time my son got here the repairman had removed the breaker and spliced some wires. My son has his special electrician tools and after the guy left he tested the removed breaker - it was fine. So.... my question is WTH???? I really think he was trying to pull a fast one on me and get his 'friend' the electrician some extra money. ARGH...he got enough of my money - but I need to let it go. Hot tub is running and has lots of new parts (whether it needed 'em or not). :(

Windy as crap here today. I had a bunch of hay blow in my face and a piece of it got in my eye. Now my eye won't stop tearing... and it itches and burns. Last time this happened I ended up at the eye doc and not only had a scratch on my eye I had an allergic reaction, in my eye, to the hay that got in it. So very unpleasant and it feels a lot like the last time. Maybe I can "borrow" some of DH's eye drops when he gets home and self-treat.

Almost got killed by a slamming door too. It's dangerous out there! The trailer where I keep my feed has a solid metal door and that sucker caught the wind, slammed against me and nearly knocked me down. Had a tiny bit of warning that it was about to get me and braced against it - but I'm gonna have a giant bruise on my hip. Owie!

Critters are not happy with it either. S'posed to die down tonight - thank goodness! I think it's wine-thirty so I'm about to get in to full-on relax mode!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry you got hurt, both for the hip slam and the eye. Not fun to be dealing with injuries. Yep. It sounds like you were about to get taken for a ride on the "need an electrician" issue. I swear that a lot of repairmen take it as far as they can get away with, and they take advantage of a woman also.