Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Peeling chocolate wrappers count? Lol
:yuckyuck

I was thinking about that. I think nut flours are a little... bizarre. Has anyone tried to crack open enough wild nuts for a recipe? I tried! I needed 3/4 cup of hazelnuts for a recipe. We have foraged hazelnuts. So I started cracking. 2 hours later I had 1/4 cup of hazelnuts and my hands hurt too much to continue. Then DS3 dumped them on the floor. Pretty sure nut flours should not be paleo!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ummmm, let's just say that there was a lot of glossing over of the truth and "I didn't know I couldn't do that" and "I don't remember saying that", and I "no I didn't(s)". I am not terribly happy about the way it went - but it is what it is. I think in 10 days or so when the VP leaves it'll be exactly the same as it was before. I'm beginning to just not care. However, I did have a victory. There will NOT be the ineligible purchase out of our federal funds that I objected to. :celebrate

I can be eligible to retire towards the end of this year around November-ish. October-ish if I use my month of vacay. But, I still need to find out if staying through the end of the calendar year would be more beneficial, still need to decide if we can truly afford to retire with all of DH's medication needs...sigh. I don't mind being poor - but he needs his meds!

I wanted to list some of the Nigi's for this past weekend...didn't happen. Want to list some for the upcoming weekend - but I have to work all day Saturday. I hate to do it during the week because it gets dark so early. :( But - it NEEEEEDS to be done. Might have to take some time off next week, lol. Sounds good to me!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh geeze sorry, was hoping it would be a more productive meeting. Sigh. Hope that you have luck moving up that retirement date! Selling goats is a good step too, sounds like.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping for a different outcome too. A week ago the VP was telling us she would fire her the next day. When that didn't happen I pretty much knew that nothing was going to change. Eh... it was a great job for 16 years! So if the next 7 or 8 months isn't so great it was still a pretty good run. Can't make myself crazy about it anymore.

Spring is coming! My mulberry bushes and my pomegranate trees have leaves - tiny leaves - but leaves! Sure hope we don't have a crazy hard freeze now...:fl