Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spring?? Talk to me in April :lol:

It's sad because I know you loved your job. Sorry the end of it isn't as great as the rest has been.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear things didn't end up going as it should've at work... But at least you had a small victory there! Retirement sounds wonderful, if you can work things out with the finances so you guys are secure and DH is taken care of in the medicine department. I'm sure that is a BIG concern! How is he doing btw? Work and health etc.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. Today was ok...there doesn't seem to be any lasting resentment, but I suppose time will tell. As long as she tries I'll be ok with it. She was director at another program some years back...but she had a staff of 12 so maybe she didn't have to do anything but point and click and people jumped to do her bidding. Her staff now is just myself and my co-worker… she can't keep piling stuff on us and not anticipate that the camel's back will break at some point.

I've been milking Cameo for about 5 days now. I'm getting a half-gallon out of ONE side of her udder. I don't know when her babies will figure this out, lol, if ever! I've got to do some moving and/or reducing. My little barn where the does and babies are is just getting too gross. The ground is literally so saturated it's just seeping up through the ground. The worst part is right at the opening so it's still dry in the back, but it can't sustain 11 goats anymore. I'm going to take PIA and her babies, Hiney, and the Pygmy doe and move them into the trailer. It's 16 foot long and will make a cozy temporary home for them. Then when the Nigi's are sold it'll ease the crowding quite a bit. The pygmy doe is due around mid-ish March and I've got a couple does out in the pasture that are making udders. I can move Lucy and her babies in a pen behind the other barn. Ahhhh - musical goat pens is so much fun!

I'm seeing a little more green every day now. Yay!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm seeing a little more green every day now. Yay!

I LOVE green!! :D

I JUST thought about this...one month & kids are arriving.o_O I need to get ready! Kept too many last year and now, like you, need to move does for kidding. Guess that will become a priority next week. I'm sorta/kinda set. Can use the other barn but then, have to move them, stress, etc. :idunno decisions. Can put a few hog panels up, cut 3 boards & add gate, to extend current area. Am liking that.

Your tailer will work well. I've used mine for similar, just isn't that big.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here is something to take a look at. Enter Texas Drug Card in the search. Print out the card and have the drugstore look up the discount. That is what we use for DH's medicines, it is significant savings.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is that card just for Texas residents? Can it be applied on top of standard insurance?
Every state has one. Do an internet search with your state, drug card. Print it out and take it to the drug store. It has saved us a ton of money. We don't have drug coverage insurance, when I studied it, I didn't see the benefit for what we would pay. See what it will do for you.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I entered info for the most expensive med on Hubby's list, and it's not even listed on the formulary. And Insulin is $90/bottle. glad we have insurance.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There have been a time or two when DH had to buy over-the-counter insulin because he couldn't get in touch with his doc. Wal-Mart sells it for about $25.00. I don't know how many units though...