Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
he said not to worry about it - it's not like they have to grow up to be brain surgeons, lol. I love that man!

That's a GREAT one!! :lol:

Goats are very smart. VERY....That's why they are easy or NOT to train. If they WANT to do it, easy. Otherwise, don't hold your breath. But I do love my goats.

To be more honest than I probably should....I can say that working with just one or two, and even their kids, is not an issue like the numbers I have. In the past I have said that when I retire I will probably cut back to maybe 3 or 4 milk does and that is looking really, really good. :rolleyes: Now, I may just throw the effort into a few big ol' Boer does and a buck, raise meat goats...you don't have to handle them like the dairy -- milking, weaning, etc. Pasture them, sell kids, keep a couple dairy for my own milk. It's a possibility. I have the pasture. :idunno Used to sell direct to a slaughter house, better $$.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In the past I have said that when I retire I will probably cut back to maybe 3 or 4 milk does and that is looking really, really good. :rolleyes:
Me too, me too! (I wish, lol) I still have things I want to accomplish with my cross breeding - but I definitely will be cutting down. I'm thinking about listing Patch for sale soon. She's looking pretty good right now and she's serving no purpose so she may be the next one offered for sale.

Might run a posting for some pigs - even though loading them would be a major PIA. Heck, I've still got a little room in the freezer though, lol. The little ones are pretty easy to process. But, I'm pretty sick of looking at dead pigs right now...

I need to make chicken subtraction a thing this weekend. I've got some free-loaders that need to be turned into something to eat instead of something to feed.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Eww! Lol!

Which one's Patch? I'm bad with names lol. Are you Nigerian-less now?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am Nigerian-less now. Patch is a black moon-spotted baby of Red's...she was part of a set of triplets.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh ok, she's from the nubian line you want to move along. Sad to see moonspots go, but nice to see parasite hardiness increase too! Culling is hard!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - but of course she looks wonderful now. She had a single Kiko X doeling that I pulled to be a friend to the other doeling. It's the only baby that I ever pulled on purpose.

I've gotta admit that pulling babies sure helps the doe bounce back a lot faster. Duh. She's gained weight - has nice bright membranes... ARGH - I have to stop before I talk myself into keeping her, lol.

Latest posts