Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Back to mud - what else is new, lol. Really glad I got the round bales moved already. Of course, it might still be muddy by the time I need to put more out. Just gonna hope it dries up.

DH is going to call his surgeon's office today. The incision on his hand seems to be opening up a bit and is seeping blood. Looks more inflamed and swollen to me. She warned us at the last appointment to keep an eye on it and call if anything like this happened. She mentioned that he might need to be on some antibiotics - and it looks like that might be the case.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Poor man is not getting a break :( Big hugs too you both and hope he heals up soon!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And...we’re sittin’ here in the dark. Had a smallish, but fierce, storm cell go through and knocked out the power. Got a robo call from the power company that indicated the power to us and 700+ of our neighbors will likely be out for a couple hours. Glad the rain cooled it off a bit and that the sun is down or it would be horrible.

Haven’t decided to start the generator and probably won’t. Only have a limited amount of fuel. Probably save it to make sure I can have water to shower in the morning if it hasn’t, for some horrible reason, come back on by then. Serious storm prep is on the agenda for this weekend!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have a kumquat tree? I love kumquats, when I was a kid, we had two of them in our backyard in Houston.

Your poor husband, if it can go wrong, it will. He is such a good guy, I hope he heals up without any more problems.

It is hurricane season for you, tornado season for me. You can prepare for a hurricane, the only way to prepare for a tornado is to dig a hole and crawl in it. LOL LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo - power is back on! Still some lightening and rumbling out there but I think the worst of it is over.

I love kumquats too. Had a tree/bush when I first got married (to the other guy) and have loved 'em ever since. It froze one year when we had some crazy low temps. I bought this tree last year and got a few off of it last fall, but all the rain had it stressed something fierce. It seems to have recovered now - thank goodness! If it died from being waterlogged - the next one would be in a pot.

Yes - poor DH. His incision is opening up and looks very, very angry.

Graphic picture warning!

If you don't want to see a surgical incision - look away now.

IMG_0898.PNG

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @tortoise - nothing is easy for him....:( I'm always amazed that he generally keeps a good attitude. In many ways he's my hero - when I'm not fussing at him, lol!

I know that you know all about challenges. I'm totally in awe of you too!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, that looks really painful! Poor man. Hope his hand will be fine once he's healed up, the poor man needs a break! (And you too :hugs)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The good thing about people on this forum is that generally, we have seen much worse and our eyes are not offended. Real life is real life and it ain't always pretty. Your husband is one fine man and I am sorry that he has so much hardship with his health. Praying for him.