Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've been working outside every day for a week, stopping around 1 or 2. I've gotten soaking wet with sweat and extraordinarily filthy. Hot and tired, thunder rumbles, sure hope we get the rain!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain...today is just brutal. I've gone out and re-filled water buckets so the critters don't have to drink hot water. They are not lovin' life right now. Thank goodness or AC...even though DH keeps sneakin' to the thermostat and trying to turn it down. :somad I keep sneakin' back and turning it up. I try to keep it at 74 and he tries to keep it below 70. I'm the one that goes out and gets hot and sweaty so if I can deal with it - he needs to!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the rest of the summer isn't quite as hot as today. Heat index was out of bounds!

IMG_0905 (2).JPG

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know! I've been out a few times - but didn't stay out longer than about 45 minutes at a time - if that. Wormed a few goats this morning and fed the critters. Cooled off water for the critters mid-day and that was about it. Had plans to get more done - but that just didn't happen.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Can't happen in those temps! Shade & cool water for animals, same for you!

Fortunately, we haven't gotten to the 3X day dump/refill stages here. Generally, when/if we get to that it's late July to mid Aug. And it is difficult to handle. Only absolute necessities get done. I can do without it. :D

keep my AC 73-74 also. It's plenty! The humidity factor is what makes the most difference.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Home from work today. Had a very weird, very aggressive allergic reaction this morning to something. Went out to feed as usual, came in and showered and noticed that my face was bright red. Started looking and found a rash across the top of my shoulders. You could see it growing down my arms and back. DH found some Benadryl so I popped two of those and started counting the minutes before it took effect. He kept asking if my throat was getting tight and thank goodness it wasn't. But, I got a pretty severe headache and felt completely exhausted (even before the Benadryl started working)

I can't think of anything I did that was any different than what I do every day. Hadn't eaten anything - only had coffee at that point. Same soap in the shower, same laundry detergent on the clothes I was wearing...nothing at all different EXCEPT a crop-duster flew over extremely low this morning while I was outside. So low that even inside DH heard it and said he could feel the rumble. I dunno….pretty far-fetched, but I've got nothing else to think.

Oh well, rash is mostly gone now except cheeks are still pinker than normal. Need to see if I can kick this Benadryl hangover and at least get moving.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, FEM that is pretty scary. Glad you didn't have any crisis and that your DH was there to watch over you.

I wanted to get my tomato plants in the ground yesterday morning before the sun got too hot, but the cash-cropper was working in the field across the road and the dust storm he was working up was choking me out. At least he is done for the spring, I think - it looked like he was planting on Saturday. I didn't get to ask what he was planting this year, but from the spacing it looks like soybeans again. Kinda sucks because that means I'll have a Japanese Beetle infestation but it also means that I can plant my sweet corn in my garden instead of in the field out back where the deer and coons eat it.