Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ouch....

Did they not use real stiches?

Can the wound be packed with some sort of antibiotic cream?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Internal stitches only- and steri strips externally. I dunno why-but with diabetic healing issues it doesn’t make sense..

They started him on antibiotics and a different bandage material . Follow up Monday.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Internal stitches only- and steri strips externally. I dunno why-but with diabetic healing issues it doesn’t make sense..

They started him on antibiotics and a different bandage material . Follow up Monday.
Hopefully that does the trick

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope so too he really wasn't feeling well yesterday so I'm really glad they started him on an antibiotic. Poor guy!

Not a whole lot on the farm agenda this morning. Need to go put a new insulator on the electric fence that got pulled out when a pig got tangled in it. Don't think he'll make that mistake again, lol.

One of the tarps blew off of a couple of the round bales during the storm the other day. I'll leave it uncovered for the weekend to dry out a bit before I cover it again in preparation for next week's rain forecast....sigh.

Biggest weekend chore will be filling up all the gas cans for our hurricane prep. We have some Stabilizer around here somewhere so I'll make sure to put some of that in each can.

Started thinking again about a larger generator. I've got a good one but it can't run everything at once. I'm thinking about a diesel this time. Diesel fuel stores a whole lot longer than gasoline! They are more expensive, but might be worth it. I'll do some comparisons and try to make a decision. Of course, the decision might be to not make that purchase at all...:hu

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Of course!!! Geesh. He's a Murphy's Law waiting to happen! :hugs

Diabetics do have issues with healing, in general. But he's had more than his share of stuff to deal with. I hope they have a quick resolve. Sure makes you anxious for the next one, right? I am certain I would not be as patient with it all as he seems to be. What a wonderful attitude he must have to persevere.

Rains here yesterday thru Tuesday! :barnie We are both "over it."

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just hope we're not falling into a rain, rain, rain pattern again. We did need a little rain - but the rain gods have been overly generous again. Whaddyado?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to town and picked up a few things to get a head start on hurricane preps. Power went out a couple days ago for an hour or so and reminded me that I needed to get some things taken care of. Filled up all the empty gas cans so that I have enough gas to run the generator for a substantial time (or run the lawnmowers all summer). I hope that's the case and that I don't need it for the generator at all! Picked up a couple flash lights because several of ours must've run away from home. :idunno Grabbed some batteries too. Need to check out the camp stove. I have plenty of propane canisters for it, but need to put it through it's paces to make sure all is in working order. Same with the generator - haven't started it in about 6 months so that needs to be done too.

I thought about picking up a couple more gas cans but have ya seen the price of those things nowadays? Over 20 bucks - crazy! Gonna try to make it with the five that I've got. I'll also not let the tank in my truck get lower than half. I've got a big tank and can make it a lot of miles when it's full. Might help if we have to run...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I
Screwed up caps, too. WHY did "they" need a change???:th:barnie
Yep - the new caps all suck. Why can't they just have a "normal" cap on them? Some of them are absolutely ridiculous. I'll use the ones they came with to keep the top closed and the gas in....but when I'm pouring gas into a tank - I'll change to the easiest to pour from one. At least they haven't changed the thread pattern - yet.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today is supposed to be a hot one with heat index in triple digits. I think I'm going to go outside right now while it' fairly tolerable and then hibernate the rest of the day. Need to give some coccidia preventative to a couple of young ones, maybe stick a couple more seeds in the ground and call off any more outside work. Got plenty of stuff to do inside...