Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @wyoDreamer
It was a bit scary. Checked my blood pressure at the apex of it and it was quite elevated - probably just because I was freaking out a little, lol. Back to normal now.

Hope your corn does well! I've planted twice and hardly had any gemination. I'm thinking I may need some new seeds lol. These don't seem to have any intention of growing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No telling what you got sprayed with. That's scary. Glad that you are ok.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No telling what you got sprayed with. That's scary. Glad that you are ok.

Thanks @baymule ! This time of year all I can think of is probably herbicide or pesticide. Crops around here are mid-way to harvest - so probably wasn't fertilizer. Still not even sure that's what it was it - just can't think of even one other thing that was different this morning.

I've literally been in bed or on the couch all day. Gonna wait until it gets cooler and head out.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It does sound like whatever they were spraying was the culprit :\ When I lived in S.A. we got sprayed ALL THE TIME by everything from weedkillers to pesticides and it made us really sick. Ailments ranged from depression to diarrhoea to an ear infection, fever in my son when he was a baby, a severe ear infection (me) to a very high number of people in the town and surrounds getting cancer. Not good.

How are you doing now?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It has taken all day - but I finally feel almost human again, lol. Just had my first meal of the day and about to go outside and do the evening chores. Really will be giving the animals a close look to make sure they're alright.

Scary stuff when you have no control over the chemicals you are exposed to.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe you could contact the dusters and find out what it was?

In my County, they are outlawed. Just too much problem with over spraying the people, yards, animals within quite a distance! Between wind carry and starting spray at such distance & altitude from target, way too many got "serviced".

Complaints were very loud and they were outlawed. :thumbsup Been over 18 years now. Nice.

Hope you feel better!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I might have to dig into that...no company name emblazoned on the airplanes, lol. Should be able to find out though. Wish they were outlawed here... they start at sunrise. No sleeping in when they're flying...and they fly right over our house...again...and again...and again. They've probably been over and back 20 times today.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some nearby airport has the name of the people/company taking off. The spraying is scary -- and dangerous.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agree with ya'll. I delved into it a little yesterday - but work is crazy right now and I didn't make any progress at all. I think I'll give that task to DH since he's got a little spare time these days. Well, that's an overstatement. He had a Dr. appt. Monday to check on his hand, Tuesday was the eye doc. That's a whole other story. Doc told DH that he needed that laser surgery (we knew it was coming) so yesterday he asks DH - "ya wanna do it tomorrow?" DH jumps on it and says YEP! So today DH has an appointment this morning with the hand doc (again) and will drive himself, with one hand, into Houston for the laser surgery, and then drive himself back home with only one eye and one hand. ARGH! It's really not a big procedure - a 5 minute laser blast and only that one eye will be dilated but Geeze Louise! I offered to drive him and he turned me down flat, lol. Said I'd done enough hauling him around. Another doc appointment on Thursday with our Internist. So, his "lazy days" of retirement haven't materialized yet, lol.

So, after I survived my allergic attack on Monday - a dump truck driver tried to kill me yesterday. I was driving to pick up lunch for our students and was digging in my purse looking for the credit card. Next traffic signal I came to was a red light so I started digging again, noticed the light had turned green, but I took a few extra seconds to find that card. Started to accelerate when a fully-loaded big a$$ dump truck ran the red light. I couldn't even see him coming for the other dump truck that had actually stopped at the light. If I would have been in that intersection I would probably have ceased to exist. No way my 1/2 ton truck can stand up to a 50 thousand pound vehicle of destruction hitting you broadside at 55 mph.

Thinking about hauling Big Daddy porker to the butcher. He got out of his pen when the electric was off and refuses to go back in. I'll try boiled eggs next time I'm out there but he won't go in for corn. However, he usually WILL crawl into the trailer for anything edible. Wont happen too soon because I've still got three round bales in the trailer that I need to unload. Need to find a place for those and another couple of pallets. After that I'll call the shop and see about making a reservation for him. Stupid pig - he really needs to just go back in his pen!