Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My Dad had coffee cans full of screws and straightened, used nails. He gave me lumber to pound the nails out, then beat them with a hammer to straighten them out. I had a pet raccoon that loved to dump them out and play in them.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He considers himself an "archivist." I consider him a hoarder. :lol:

:idunno his term sure sounds nicer. You did say he was an easygoing fellow.

I TOLD you he'd cook!!! Leave a cookbook out on the counter "by mistake" -- maybe a page marker on something you'd like. :rolleyes:

When I emptied mom's garage I found empty Folgers cans..well, the plastic ones. Nothing IN 99% of them. But, who needed so many? May 60 :th She also liked to neatly fold the paper grocery bags from commissary & flll one with 30 or so others. There they were, neatly stacked. :cool: I took over 300 to the church before Thanksgiving time. They had asked for members to bring them for the Thanksgiving to less fortunate grocery drops. Boy, did they love us!!:D Yeah, there was a lot more stuff … no car ever in there!

That should make you feel better about a few bottles of vinegar. :old

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I TOLD you he'd cook!!!
The funny part is the man CAN cook and has in his past. But - the things he cooked have never been ok in this house, lol. His specialties from the past are all high carb, high fat, high sugar or fried. :( He's learning about healthier options. That's a good thing!

He did ask me if vinegar goes "bad" and I told him that vinegar is already bad, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really, no it doesn't. And you can use in DW rinse cycle for spots, to clean windows, etc.

Question -- have you seen a post from NH Homesteader of late? Been a while since I've see one -- hope all is ok.

ETA: appears 4/30/19 last date for any postings.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Really, no it doesn't. And you can use in DW rinse cycle for spots, to clean windows, etc.

Question -- have you seen a post from NH Homesteader of late? Been a while since I've see one -- hope all is ok.

ETA: appears 4/30/19 last date for any postings.

nothing. :( I hope she is okay.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aaaaaand - it's Monday. Starting last night (which wasn't Monday, lol) AC in our bedroom went out. We have window units upstairs which works out great for us since we only cool one room. It decided it didn't want to work anymore - and it's the newsest unit we have. Of course it's not new enough to still be under warranty - that would be too much like right. ARGH!

This morning my truck decided to betray me. :rolleyes: I'm so disappointed! Hoping it's only a battery issue. I'm in DH's car today and will pick up a new battery tonight on my way home. If that's not it I guess I'll have to get a tow truck out to load it up and take it to the dealer. So, so unhappy about that. :(

Bright side - better that it happen at home than leave me stranded somewhere on the road.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh no, on the AC and the truck :hugs Hope both will be easy (and cheap!) to sort out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picked up a new battery for the truck this afternoon. And - just like that - I have wheels again! YaY! The pi$$er is that we bought the previous battery in 4-18. Maybe there's some warranty on it...:idunno

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
basically one yr -- should be a warranty BUT may be only for trade in on one from same place, same brand, etc???? I'd sure be there going for it!! In my car a 7 y/o & trk 4 y/o. At least you were HOME and had another vehicle to take. One good thing about DH retirement? :lol::lol: Glad ONLY battery.

My truck is old but, runs great. Low miles and right now I'm looking at new set of tires. :( Then alignment, will check all the ball joints, control arms, etc. Holding my breath! Have replaced belts, anything neded, so decent shape but for wheels. Saving for that now...to do early Fall (inspection time). Then good for winter. Just hate to part with the $$$. :D At least all will be done for a few years...I drive low miles and hope to decrease that next year (retire??).