Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - I'd say you got your money's worth outta that truck! During my teenage years one of my friends had an old truck...we drove it to practice nights with the rodeo club at high school... Every time we made a left turn the horn would honk, lol. Embarrassing, but funny as heck at the time.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Off work today and headed out to a doc appt with DH for his wrist check-up and a visit to the ENT for me. I had a vascular scan at my college sonogram dept and was told that my carotids look great but I have some nodules on my thyroid. Gonna have that checked out. Not worried about it - seems that a large majority of women my age have these and never have a symptom. I've never had a symptom either - but pays to be smart and have things checked out.

Glad to be off work today - more discord lately between our new director and my other co-worker. Bad enough that my co-worker is applying for another job on campus and leaving the job that she's loved for 12 years. :( Looks like my last months at the job that I've enjoyed for so long aren't going to be so enjoyable....sigh. At this point, I can't wait to have my last day and get the heck out of there. :( Our new director actually did get better for awhile - after being told to 'get right' by our former VP. The former VP left and our director slipped back into her old ways.

Now we have a new VP who has also told our director to change a few things so now she's being vengeful and childish and making things miserable. Such a shame for a program that has run well, met all our objectives set out by the Dept of Ed every year, and has helped so many kids go on to college who never would have. It hurts my heart...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Gosh, FEM, so sorry to hear this :( It's so dang sad when a bad apple spoils everything for everyone. My son's first primary school that he attended here in Ireland was in a similar position, great staff, absolute angels. The school was amazing! Then someone high up's niece or something-or-another took a job at the school and ruined everything. Teachers left, the principal left, pupils left. Heartbreaking! Hopefully someone, maybe your VP, can pull your director into place again and stop her ruining things for you guys too.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My niece is a special ed teacher.
She got her dream job - she worked at the school she attended as a kid. She was going to work with her favorite teachers and life was looking good. Until she discovered that they were horrible people who were busy backstabbing and bad mouthing each other. She couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Then her next job one of her co-workers was a loud-mouth, know-it-all who wasn't afraid to tell the "New girl" how she was supposed to do her job. The other special-ed teachers told her to just ignore the loud-mouth, but we all know how difficult that is when you share a desk/workspace with them. My sweet niece was brought to tears at work by that witch many times. But give the kid credit, she didn't back down to the lady - she did it her way and her kids loved her.

She now has a job that has her traveling between 3 schools in town during the week. She misses the closeness that she used to get with the kids at the other jobs when she worked with them everyday, but it also helps her leave her work at work.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM I am sorry that you are having to deal with a #itch that is so ugly to others. Before you leave, you should have a sit down talk with the new VP. And on your last day? Unload on the ugly #itch. :rant

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, what time frame are you in now? I know it was Spring, then backed up some, then ?? Are you beating me????????:D

I'm looking at late Spring. Depends. I don't have to worry about when years, etc., I'm done with that. For me, it's just when I make last tractor payment and feel "ok" to stop.

It's a little scary some days....:hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking that my absolute, drop dead latest date might be (see, I still don't know for sure) Jan 31, 2020. However, I am starting the formal process soon and hope to have an earlier date. Even if my date is Jan 31 - I have a month of vacation time so I probably would work very little in January. We're off over two weeks in December and a week in November so those months will be easy. Whoop!

The next piece of news is that I am scheduled for surgery on August 18 and will be out at least 3 weeks for that. It's nothing terrible or life threatening but something that needs to be taken care of. I had a small lipoma on my neck where my jaw and neck meet that has decided to start growing. Three years ago when I noticed it I had an MRI and a fine needle biopsy and found out it was benign. We decided at that point to leave it alone because it was totally unnoticeable and stayed that way for several years. Now because it's changing so rapidly the doc wants it out. One concern is that the pressure from it will start to affect my facial nerve...and the fear with surgery is that the facial nerve might be severed....a true case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. :idunno I'm not terribly worried about it - I love my doc and have faith that she will do a good job.

It's a little scary some days....:hide
It is a bit scary. I was more worried before DH retired - thinking we'd be destitute, lol. But, actually - since we don't have any recurring debt things are working out well so far. We haven't started taking any distributions from our IRA's yet...just his SS$ and my meager paycheck. But, if things keep breaking down and falling apart that might change quickly, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But, if things keep breaking down and falling apart that might change quickly, lol.
It's the unexpected. Rock hit my windshield, cracks started, find I have a $500 deduct on my comprehensive..WTH?.. so guess who gets to pay for the $300 bill? Tires coming up before Fall....you just can't have these things happen without warning. :lol: :(

Knew I had that deduct on collision, just thought only $100 on comp, as I usually have. My bad. Still...:somad Wasn't my fault!!! Just driving along...wham!

Latest posts