Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
every time you come in from being out wash your hands. before you leave a store, if they have a washroom, wash your hands. train yourself to not touch your face (it's very hard to do, but well worth the results) or at least to wash your hands first if you have to. if you train yourself to not touch your face you also help to not spread it so much if you have caught something.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a germophobe - so I do the hand washing/sanitizer at every opportunity. People at work laugh at me because when I leave the restroom, after washing my hands, I have a paper towel to open all doors with and as soon as I get back to my office I use sanitizer. But, I probably slacked at my son's house. Should've been more on the guard than I was....sheesh. But, so far, so good.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm a bit of a germophobe - so I do the hand washing/sanitizer at every opportunity. People at work laugh at me because when I leave the restroom, after washing my hands, I have a paper towel to open all doors with and as soon as I get back to my office I use sanitizer. But, I probably slacked at my son's house. Should've been more on the guard than I was....sheesh. But, so far, so good.

i'm not a germaphobe as much as i'm aware that we live in a sea of microbes (a hobby of mine is microbiology) there's only a few that are trouble. figuring out how to avoid those few (and how to bolster the rest of them to provide competition) is to me one of the modern problems we have made for ourselves by how we've organised ourselves and interfered with natural processes.

i don't use a paper towel to open or close doors (the best public bathroom designs don't even have many doors or handles to touch) but normally my shirt sleeve or coat sleeve and a nudge with the elbow works ok.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I work at a college... lots and lots and lots of different folks go through our doors. AND - the bathroom doors have a handle that has to be pulled towards you to get out, lol. Unless I wait for someone to come in - I have to grab the handle. Ugh! Same on all doors going into our buildings - you have to grab the handle and pull it towards you. You can use an elbow, hip or shoulder going out - but not in....sigh. So, my rule is to not touch 'em unless I have to. ;) By the same token I use toilet paper when I have to touch the flush handle. I mean, as woman and hygiene and all that... ok - I'm not going there, lol! Anyway - I'm careful - but not freaked out about the germs!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I remember wearing a hat at Easter services. I wanted elbow gloves soooooo bad - but was told I wasn't old enough, lol. Now that I'm old enough - it isn't a thing!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
well, SOMEBODY has to start a thing. I remember my daughter was good at starting trends. Once, she got tired of her hair falling into her face, so she wrapped it up into a messy bun and stuck 2 pencils into it to keep it there. Within a week, she started to see people at school doing the same thing!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welllllll - I think it's kinda sorta official. I'm kinda sorta RETIRED! Official day is 12/31 - but the college is closed then. I have more PTO hours right now than hours left to work before Christmas break. They threw me a retirement party today and everything. Students made me cry - stoopid students, lol. I got gifts, and cake and all kinds of goodies. It was nice!

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life! 🤩:ep