Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love black and tans. A little white just makes it all mo' better!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Awwwwh! Snuggle time! Hey two have blaze faces........all three look like they are well fed! Thanks!! One on R has a little white on chest, maybe. Center guy is hiding it all. Looks like all have some white paws.
Hope she can do a little video for you....it would save you a trip to just play and pick. LOL

We used to do a lot of video with the mini foals. Heck, now you can send it by phone! Back them it was the big DVD and mail. ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A video would be great when they're up and around more. These guys are in Arkansas so there will only be one trip lol. Breeder has sent me a video of the entire group but they were just little wigglers then. Nothing exciting at that time.

More rain headed this way - possibly big rain. Guaranteed a couple more inches, but possibility of 3 - 5 with possibilities of up to 60mph winds. I Can. Not. Want. It!

Headed to town to get feed before this mess hits. Critters are going to be miserable for another week at least - rain in the forecast every single day. So gross!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just 5 more weeks until I get the new pup. I think we're going to name him Beau. I'm thinking that when we get a female - we'll name her Raine. Get it? Raine-Beau! I amuse myself, lol!

My garden is yuck. As usual, Lima beans didn't do anything. They grew, they were pretty, they bloomed and they made a buttload of pods....but they never filled out and made beans. I just don't get it. I've started more tomatoes off the parent plants so maybe I can get a fall crop. Most everything else has drowned with the latest 5 inch rainfall...sigh. Few things are still hanging in. Peppers are ok - eggplant is ok - black eyed peas are good (and I planted more) and cantaloupe! A bunch of bugs on the melons, but I covered 'em with plastic bags Most everything else is pretty well wiped out. Yay...garden...

Our little county has had a horrible spike of C-virus cases. We had 97 cases a couple of days ago. Our website lists the ages of those confirmed and of the 97 cases only 6 were over the age of 60....the rest were the "younger" generation. ARGH!

I've got 3 more goats going this week. I had 7 doelings and have decided that the ones born to Nubian mama's are outta here! I'm keeping the ones with Kiko breeding behind 'em. When the Nubian mama's recover from nursing and put on a few pounds they'll be the next to go. Making the cuts and changes is hard - but it just doesn't make sense to keep animals that don't thrive here. Kiko's do - Nubian's don't. Live and learn...

We had a heat index of 105 at 9am this morning. It's that time of year...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Raine Beau. LOL LOL I like it.

With your clay, the rain doesn’t drain. With my sand, 5 inches of rain is child’s play. Sorry your garden can’t swim. Gardens are a mix of YAY-it’s growing and BOO-it’s dying.

Our county is spiking in Covid cases too. I haven’t got the age break down. Do your best to stay safe and sword fight the virus away from your husband. Got to keep him healthy!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FEM!!!!!!
I just made this today. Quality check on the bread taste prior to frosting was so good! The first slice may not wait for the morning coffee tomorrow!

20200628_103120.jpg

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Raine Beau. LOL LOL I like it.

With your clay, the rain doesn’t drain. With my sand, 5 inches of rain is child’s play. Sorry your garden can’t swim. Gardens are a mix of YAY-it’s growing and BOO-it’s dying.

Our county is spiking in Covid cases too. I haven’t got the age break down. Do your best to stay safe and sword fight the virus away from your husband. Got to keep him healthy!

you guys need some woodchips. lol

It's been a week since we had rain and there was none in the forecast so I watered heavily today.....and then it started raining. haha

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
you guys need some woodchips. lol

I got half the garden layered in wood chips before I planted. The other half I had already planted and had mostly mulched with hay. I'll get that next portion covered in chips after it cools down some - maybe November, lol. I really hope it does something to improve the soil and improve drainage...but I suspect it'll take several seasons and several more loads of chips before I see real improvement....sigh.

FEM!!!!!!
I just made this today. Quality check on the bread taste prior to frosting was so good! The first slice may not wait for the morning coffee tomorrow!
Holy Cow! That sounds delish! I'm gonna have to try that one for sure.

We've been stuck on a sugar free pudding kick lately. Uses up milk and eggs - and I have an abundance of both.