Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thought I’d post a pic of our little caboose. Kidding season has concluded. (And I swear the boys are starting to get a little perfume-y already.
0E027235-CF9C-4D02-8EB0-2884C965D416.jpeg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cute! White....hmmm Imagine this....24 kids this year and 20 white. Yeah, Saanens are white. :lol: It's a little spooky when working them. Spray on color lasts a few days as a marker....longer if mom leaves it alone!

Cowboy is a really big boy.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have these nice LGDs, last one not a pup. I've been thinking I need a "farm dog" and went looking on rescue & animal control sites. There were several GPs, a couple mixed GP & Anatolia.....and along with the description reading, it became obvious that the rescues seem to "feel" that LGD work is not where they want these animals. Some were never at a farm, some chased animals (lack of training) and there were at least 5 that I would have been happy to have adopted -- had been working LGDs and still young @ 2-5 yrs. -- NOW they were being "retrained" as house dogs. o_O No issue as an LGD -- maybe no foster who could continue their working life for them :idunno 2 am going to make contact and ask questions. Who knows!? And, they are close by.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure what is meant by "house dogs". LGD's don't do well as housepets... like most working dogs they NEED a job, or they will invent one. Also, most people aren't aware that they bark. A Lot. Again, it's part of what they are- they bark to let any nearby predators know they are HERE and ON THE JOB.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dunno..... my rotten Anatolian puppy is soaking up some AC on the cool floor, begged onion an onion ring from her Daddy, after a hot, hard day’s work with Sentry watching over the ram and two ewes. LOL LOL Sheba is knocked smooth out!