Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
'm certain the pups were fine -- just wanted to make you feel guilty. No doubt, they slept better than you. :hugs
They certainly did, lol.

Took most of the day but I'm almost back to my normal unnormal status, lol. Played "catch-up" but nothing more than that today.

DH has felt better as the day went on. That's a great thing!

Found out today that 3 of DGD's volleyball team has tested positive for Covid...argh! And today is her 13th b'day! Guess we'll see how that turns out...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, that may not mean DGD will get. My DGD had a team worker test positive this Spring, she was quarantined (with pay!!) and so, my DD had to be also.....no one came up positive.

Heads up -- may work out ok.

Glad DH is feeling better. Probably feels weird -- but nice! -- to have those legs feeling more normal.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad your DH is feeling better.
He's still sore, but it's been 72 hours now so he's sucking it up and getting back to normal activities.
He's a pretty tough ol' coot (even with all the whining, lol!).

I decided to take a chance and signed up for "Imperfect Foods". Got my first box yesterday. All the produce was in good shape. One tomato had gotten slightly squished in transit so we had that with our taco stuffed bell peppers last night for dinner. Nothing was in terrible shape. A finger lime was slightly over ripe...the orange bell peppers were near perfect as far as I could tell...maybe one bb sized blemish. Got two pkgs of mushrooms, fresh green beans, rainbow chard, avocados and a huge spaghetti squash too and all organic. They have conventional produce you can pick from and other offerings like salmon and grass fed beef. I do have to get $30 worth to get free shipping and even though it's offered every week I'm not obligated to order every week. So far, I'm ok with it.

Nice weather today so I'm going to try to get some outside stuff done.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I LOVE my produce box subscription. I get Misfits Market -

I checked out Misfit Market first - thanks to your posting about them. They weren't available in my area, but Imperfect Foods is. That's about what I noticed too - the orange bell peppers were smallish, but in great shape. We had them last night. I also got 2 pkgs of Bunashimeji mushrooms. Had some of them in an omelette this morning. So good! I want to make some mushroom soup out of the rest of them. We love mushrooms and since most mushrooms have really healthy qualities it's a great time to indulge.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I get my produce box on Fridays, which is also my Amazon day. Saturday morning I get Walmart pickup and drop off goodwill donations. Its so nice to get deliveries all on one day and all my errands on another day.

Pre-COVID I would grocery shop 3 or more times per week - mostly for produce. I would run errands or have appointments in the town where Walmart/Goodwill - 20 miles away! - between 1- 3 times per week.

I'm thankful for COVID disrupting [most of] our societal norms. I have had freedom to stop activities that drain me, like appointmemts and visiting toxic family. I've had pressure to change habits that werent working for me or my budget, like shopping frequently and visiting thrift stores.

I've replaced thrift store shopping with ThredUP. The selection is so HUGE that I can actually get what I want. Prices tend to be double my local Goodwill (if you ignore the expensive designer stuff).

I've seen people getting both Imperfect Foods and Misfits Market subscriptions. IDK why that leaves me mildly jealous? I'm not dissatisfied with MM and we couldnt use more! 😂

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I get my produce box on Fridays

Mine came on Friday also. When I was still employed I would stop multiple times a week on my way home from work. So glad I don't do that anymore! I'm anxious to get a few more weeks of this under my belt and get more accustomed to their offerings.

I've got beefy mushroom soup on the stove. Decided to put some of the chard in it as well. Smells delicious and the taste or six I've had confirmed that it is totally edible!

Covid has certainly changed our lives - but it's not totally negative. Especially if you enjoy living the introvert lifestyle. I'm totally ok with it and hate even going to town every other week or so for feed and a few necessities.

Guess I'd better go check out ThredUP now!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Covid has changed many lives -- other than the virus itself -- in how people handle many things. Shopping, of course -- but, cooking more & better (usually - as to quality), driving less, more family time, gardening, etc. Can't say what we wear is better or worse. I've worn jeans and t-shirts a long time. Practically no make up on anyone. LOL

It has/will affect retail stores, jobs, etc.

Almost everyone has "retired" just not always in a good financial position. For all of those forced from jobs, now in bad shape, I am truly sorry. It is a sad, sad situation. I don't think we will ever get back to just before this hit. Good - bad ?? who knows. I believe we "older" people can deal with it more easily.