Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wives always amaze me. they will stop at nothing for the ones they love. hes very lucky to have you the same way im blessed to have mine.
Ahhhh, thanks! And yep - I remind him of that all the time! :lol:

We had to have a discussion last night. He's been a little off his game lately. He's just so very frustrated. I can't say that I blame him. I had to remind him that he's pretty darn lucky to even be here to gripe. There was a couple of days that no one was sure he'd take another breath - so I'm glad to have him around (most of the time anyway!) even if he's a grouch.

I think one of his biggest gripes, and it's a valid one, is that he's had so many antibiotics that his "gut is not back to normal." (I put that as nicely as I could, lol) He had IV antibiotics for 11 solid days. Then another week of oral antibiotics - then more IV antibiotics at the ER and now is on more oral antibiotics for another week or so. He's taking probiotics and eating yogurt and electrolytes but he's still having issues. I'm sure it's part of what's keeping him weak. But, I definitely think the worst is behind us. If he feels good enough to be upset - it's a step in the right direction, lol!

I'm about to go apply some dry rub to a pork shoulder and then I'll cook it low and slow and we can eat on it for a couple days and put the rest in the freezer - or can it if I have time.

I got some dogs, goats and chickens moved this morning. I'm sure they'll all try to put themselves right back where they were...argh. Critters do not like change.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure he's ready to think about that - at least not yet! Thanks for the reminder about prebiotics - I need to remind him too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No goat milk right now - wouldn't ya know it I just tossed the hussy out to the pasture to dry up right before DH got sick. Not sure he would drink buttermilk - but I would! Love the stuff. We added benefiber to his daily regimen for the prebiotics and will try to work in some more natural sources too.

My wonderful son just happened to drop by today and immediately got recruited to put the hay lift back on the tractor! Glad that's done - Yay! After weeks of thinking about it and saying I was going to do it - I finally started some microgreens today. Fingers crossed that my seeds are viable after spending the hot summer in the garage. :fl

Don't know what I did to my back, but it's been unhappy with me since this morning. Tried a prescription strength dose of Motrin earlier today and that didn't touch it so I went to the heavy stuff. A glass of wine after not having any for weeks might just be the best muscle relaxer there is. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Going to get our Covid boosters this morning. Yay! It'll ease my mind. We've spent too much time in Drs offices and ER's lately. Those people in there are sick and I don't want to catch anything from them!

I need to pick up some feed at some point this week. My habit of keeping the feed cans full really paid off for me while DH was sick. I haven't needed to buy feed in weeks. It's nice knowing that it'll last long enough to get me through a crisis. Of course, my total today is going to be BIG (gulp!) when I re-stock everything.

Need to plan another butcher day for some more quail. Time to get most of them off the feed bill before winter. Little buggers eat a lot and their feed is the most expensive.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a follow-up with DH's PCP this morning. He's the doc that sent us to the ER last week - ugh. But, it was an urgent situation and now it's mostly resolved. He's a great guy and a has the same warped sense of humor that my DH has. Those two together is just 😜.

Picked up 700lbs of feed today and still didn't get everything I needed. Didn't want to unload a 1000lbs today. My back has been grouchy for a couple of days now. I'm trying to appease it with a glass of wine. It's not satisfied yet - it might demand a second glass lol. I didn't unload all of what I got, but I got most of it. I'll finish unloading it tomorrow.

After wrangling the feed I needed to work on getting a round bale out. I had to clean out the area that I put them. There was lots of old rotten hay built up on the ground so I drug it out with the FEL then moved a round bale into that spot. Goats love me lots right now, lol.