Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another first on the farm today. I decided to move some of the ducks out to the pasture so they could partake of all the standing water and maybe even eat some snails and slugs while they're enjoying life out there.

Try as I may I couldn't convince them that being caught and moved was going to make them happy. They resisted...ugh. Even though I'm not quite as fast on my feet as I was some decades ago, I did manage to catch one after not too much cursing and strife.

Said duck was actually very docile while I was carrying him to the pasture. You might even call him cunning. How in the world does a duck whose rear end is facing behind me manage to crap right down the front of my boot. Inside my boot I might add! So glad I was wearing socks so that it didn't make it down far enough to get warm and squishy between my toes, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of the auction houses was operational until Covid. I've heard they may open back up. They're mainly a horse auction - or were way back when - but they would occasionally have a miscellaneous auction. They have a feed store too so I might give them a call and see what the chances are of them starting auctions again.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another first on the farm today. I decided to move some of the ducks out to the pasture so they could partake of all the standing water and maybe even eat some snails and slugs while they're enjoying life out there.

Try as I may I couldn't convince them that being caught and moved was going to make them happy. They resisted...ugh. Even though I'm not quite as fast on my feet as I was some decades ago, I did manage to catch one after not too much cursing and strife.

Said duck was actually very docile while I was carrying him to the pasture. You might even call him cunning. How in the world does a duck whose rear end is facing behind me manage to crap right down the front of my boot. Inside my boot I might add! So glad I was wearing socks so that it didn't make it down far enough to get warm and squishy between my toes, lol!
its that pay back thing🦆🦆

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bossman (kinder) is almost NINE years old! He will get the nod next breeding season for sure!
🤔 My Nubian is, too. Not showing him this! He's still doing his job, so :idunno but he'll stay until his last day...retired. I do plan to buy those Boers this yr!! So there will be coverage for fall, one way or the other.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bossman is still doing well, but Frankie is giving him a hard time. Frankie is full of himself because he got all the girls this year. With the weapons he's carrying around I'd run from him too, lol. Thankfully, he's never showed any aggression towards me. He's not a really friendly guy, but not hard to handle when he's caught. And, since he loves all sweet treats he's not too hard to catch.

Bossman won't be going anywhere. He's earned his right to retire here even if he's not Kiko. He's very correct and puts straight legs and good udders on his daughters. That's definitely an improvement over Conan, lol.

Supposed to get a cold front this weekend and we'll have at least one overnight low at/near freezing. My poor critters are quite accustomed to our recent 'winter' temps in the 80's. This will be quite a change for them. Glad I got the kidding pens finished! Hopefully, they won't pick the ONE cold night to kid.