Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
She is a cutie for sure - and 75% Kiko. These cute, high percentage Kiko babies are really messing up my goat reduction plans, lol.

Going to get hay this morning. Thrilled that I found decent hay at a decent price this time of year. I'll pick up three rolls today and I'd like to get 3 more as soon as I get the trailer empty. That'll help ease my hay anxiety.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She is a cutie for sure - and 75% Kiko. These cute, high percentage Kiko babies are really messing up my goat reduction plans, lol.

Going to get hay this morning. Thrilled that I found decent hay at a decent price this time of year. I'll pick up three rolls today and I'd like to get 3 more as soon as I get the trailer empty. That'll help ease my hay anxiety.
I tell you what, if I was closer I would be eyeing up a couple of those cuties for my place! I think I am in :love

awesome on the hay-not much for hay or straw around here that is decent.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tell you what, if I was closer I would be eyeing up a couple of those cuties for my place! I think I am in :love
They are so darn cute! I'm very pleased with this kid crop. Six does down and 5 to go! Excited to see what else I get.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I see ya'll been having some fun while I was outside working my butt off! :lol: Just so you know I went and got hay and have likely sold a goat to the guy I bought my hay from. Just trading money around it looks like. However, I need to weigh her first. He wants one around 50 lbs and I think the goat in mind is close - but maybe not quite there. Sigh... I told him I was gonna feed her some rocks before I put her on the scale!

I've got two bales out of the trailer. It's a little tricky to get them out of the livestock trailer. It involves straps and tractors and all manner of maneuvering the tractor. Face one way to pull them out of the trailer....turn tractor around to use the forks on the back to move the bale. And to top it off my hay forks are smaller than they used to be because the tips rusted off. I need some new equipment. With the shorter hay forks, I can't get far enough under the bale to lift it without it slipping off the back so I have to strap it on. It's not hard - just adds another step to the procedure. Everything takes a little bit longer... but what else is retirement is for except to be able to take my time doing chores if I want to.

Breaks over - gotta get back outside and get busy.

Last edited: