Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Truth right there! Have a few in the freezer already and will likely put some of these in there, but I'm trying desperately to make room in my freezer for a big ol' pig. (and fish - maybe)

DH saw three deer this morning on the way to PT. When I bought my fishing license I went ahead and got the hunting license too. Pretty cheap at the senior rates. So....who knows what might go in my freezer next. (during hunting season, of course)
Might as well get another freezer. :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Might as well get another freezer.
That's what DH says! But, I don't want to. Not really any room unless he cleans the garage. Oh wait - maybe that would be incentive for him to clean the garage, lol. This idea might have merit.

I have stuff in the freezer that I can take out and can - so that's the plan. Just need to find time to do it.

Worked on an eyesore today. I had some round bales on pallets outside the fencing but along the drive that goes back to the pasture. Couldn't mow as close to them as I'd like and DH didn't weed whack because of his pain problems. Weeds grew up and made a huge mess. I don't like it so today I took the tractor and drug out the old pallets and some of the old hay that was still on them so I can mow and make it tidy again. I like jobs where I can see immediate progress. This is one of them!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya know, improve and all that....:lol: besides, these are boer girls. Cosmo needs them.
When are the new girls coming home? You don't have them yet do you? If so -where are the pics?

I'm excited for you to get the Boer project off the ground! You've been thinking about it for a while now - nice to see it coming to fruition!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! It got a little cooler and I got busier. Started the duck separation project. I want to get the males and females separated so it'll be easier to grab one and process. Hope to get some done later this week as it continues to cool off more.

Wormed a couple of does this morning. Need to copper bolus too. I don't think I have enough copper for the whole crew so I need to get that ordered.

Hank got some action this morning. He's very appreciative of that, lol. He's finally got a gal he doesn't have to stand on his tip toes to breed so he's been getting a lot of repeat action.

Also took one buck out of the lineup. I offered him for sale and had no takers (never had an issue selling goats before....sigh) so he will have altered anatomy soon enough and all that bucky foolishness will be a thing of the past. He will likely find himself on the table at some point in the future and in the interim he won't continue to be a PIA.

Should be picking green beans fairly soon. I like this fall gardening thing. Not nearly so hot and things are still growing well. Have seeds started that I hope to get out soon enough.

Still waiting for "real" fall. Despite our reduced temps they will be going back up next week. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kinda sad today - I'll be offering Conan for sale. I've kept so many daughters and granddaughters of his that it's time for him to move on. :( Also have a young buckling 1/2 Kiko and 1/2 Nubian that's on the "to go" list too. AND, considering moving one of the Myotonic bucks as well. Operation "herd reduction" in action.
Step 1 in herd reduction has been accomplished. Conan and the young buckling no longer live here. I'll miss Conan - he was a really good guy. But, not gonna miss that little $hit - not gonna miss him at all, lol.

Still planning on moving one of the Myotonics, but not the right timing yet. I want to breed a couple of does to him, and then he can say bye-bye!

We've been enjoying some lower temps this week. Yesterday morning was in the 50s. I could get used to that.

Not much else going on. DH has been going to PT twice a week and making progress but slowly. They will assess him next week and decide if they should request more time. DH says he's prepared to beg, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Operation "herd reduction" continues. I guess I should call it operation "less mouths to feed." This time it's ducks! Should be 15 less mouths to feed by the end of today. I really thought I'd end up butchering them, but since "operation freezer clean out" is going on simultaneously it just didn't work out that way.

Ducks have been penned in an area that has raised beds in it. As soon as the ducks are gone I'll be able to plant in those beds! Yay!

Latest posts