Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oops, I have been remiss about photos. I'll try to remedy that!

I guess I could have tried to get some last night when I was outside, in the rain, around 11pm. Ugh! I had just gotten comfortable in bed when the rain started. I automatically start thinking about the critters and who is where and do they all have shelter and so on and so on and so on. Much to my dismay I remembered shutting a gate between where the bucks hang out and their shelter. ARGH! So, outside I go. First instant the bucks see me they're cussing me out for denying them access to their shelter. Ungrateful beasts! I mean, it's dark, it's raining, and alll they can think of is getting in their hut - not the fact that I'm stumbling around in the dark for their benefit. Geeze...

While I'm outside, in the rain, in the midddle of the night I decided I should go ahead and check on all the preggers out there. Nobody was in labor, or even close so I finally get back in bed - with an earache. My wandering around in the dark didn't cause my earache, it had been building all day. So, back out of bed to take a couple Motrin and find a heating pad. Tucked the heating pad inside my pillow case and slept ear down on the heat all night. Feels pretty good today.

It's still raining off and on so I managed to get a few things done inside. I've been concentrating on my breezeway for awhile now. I generally only have a couple minutes at a time to work on it - but today I've spent a little more time out there. The breezeway is where all the food stores and the extra kitchen equipment is stored. No room in my tiny kitchen for all that. So, I call the breezeway my extra pantry. Works well, lol. It's looking a bit more organized after a little TLC.

Made a big ol' meatloaf last night and I've got bread going in the bread machine. I see a meatloaf sandwich in my future! Yay!

Gottta go try to beat DH at a game of chess. He beats me about 10 games to one but I've gotten him twice in a row. I'm on a roll and I'd like to keep it that way!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cuz y’all asked so nicely:

12332365-EA49-4A97-8711-FD2466282DD3.jpeg

07F6D508-E343-4C45-839B-32C574D6A52F.jpeg

2D5D9D74-6D92-4F60-8989-2E73FCAE77C8.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm laughing at the one squirting already...
You made me do a double take. I went all the way back to the barn to re-check those babies. These are two boys and boys pee from under their belly - not their backend! What looks like a squirt is actually a piece of hay, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You made me do a double take. I went all the way back to the barn to re-check those babies. These are two boys and boys pee from under their belly - not their backend! What looks like a squirt is actually a piece of hay, lol.

i'd say "Psych!" but i'd be lyin as i really thought it was whizzing... :) sorry if i got your hopes up! :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m all caught up now. So much happens in a week! I have a registered ewe, bred to Ringo, due yesterday. I have informed her that we only have twins here. She was sold because her first and second lambing’s were singles. I want a registered son from Ringo and he’s an old man, time is getting short! LOL Maybe there will be twins out there this morning. Maybe she will just still be FAT!