Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Going to try and rejoin the land of the living. A very good friend who lost a child told me that you just have to go through the motions - fake it until you make it in other words. Trying...

Son-in-law, Jason, is coming in this weekend with the grands. Can't wait to see them again. I miss them terribly. My 15 yo granddaughter and I have been talking a lot. She needs that and so do I. It's almost like talking to my daughter when she was a teen...heartbreaking and comforting at the same time.

The heat is still horrific. No rain in sight. Garden is gone, pasture is suffering. Only decent side effect is that my house is cleaner than it's been in a while. Nothing else to do...

I've been trying to work on freezer cleaning/organizing. Took several bags of veggies out and dehydrated them. DH and I have been cutting down on our meat consumption and concentrating more on salads, veggies and beans. We've both dropped a couple pounds. I don't miss meat in the summer even though I'm carnivore for sure in the winter.

I need to pick up grain this morning and a few groceries (snacks mostly) for the grands this weekend.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Up since 3:50 this morning. Went to bed annoyed at DH - woke up still annoyed. Doesn't help that his CPAP mask isn't fitting correctly so I hear roaring, rushing air noise allllllll night looooong. I'm grouchy enough these days without sleep deprivation added into the mix.

Decided to try and root some suckers off the old tomato plants in hopes of fall tomatoes. Is that even a thing? Doesn't seem to be around here but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm experimenting with sprouting some chia seeds. Noticed this morning that I've got tiny sprouts. Not sure what the heck I'm even going to do with 'em, but guess my curiosity has been satisfied that they will at least sprout. Guess I'll throw 'em in a salad. They're tiny though - not sure there'll be enough to them to even notice.

Sun is about to make an appearance so I'd better get outside before it gets too terrible out there.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Up since 3:50 this morning. Went to bed annoyed at DH - woke up still annoyed. Doesn't help that his CPAP mask isn't fitting correctly so I hear roaring, rushing air noise allllllll night looooong. I'm grouchy enough these days without sleep deprivation added into the mix.

Decided to try and root some suckers off the old tomato plants in hopes of fall tomatoes. Is that even a thing? Doesn't seem to be around here but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm experimenting with sprouting some chia seeds. Noticed this morning that I've got tiny sprouts. Not sure what the heck I'm even going to do with 'em, but guess my curiosity has been satisfied that they will at least sprout. Guess I'll throw 'em in a salad. They're tiny though - not sure there'll be enough to them to even notice.

Sun is about to make an appearance so I'd better get outside before it gets too terrible out there.
Good morning
I sleep with foam ear plugs, like the ones use when shooting, with DH and the 2 Rotts it a chainsaw convention all night!! I sleep bad enough and dont need their noise, :duc

chia sprouts are very good for you, I was on True Leaf web site yesterday morning and looking at ordering some things. I have had my sprouting trays for 30 years and love them but was thinking about also doing micro greens, I really need to look into just how much the two differ nutritionally?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
At least you are up at daylight, I’m still slouching around and on second cup of coffee. The morning sun comes through the front windows and highlights all the dirt and dust. Carson lays up under the portable building while I’m outside, where he can watch the back door. Then he can get back in the cool house, bringing dirt piles with him. I sweep up the big chunks and dust mop the rest. My car is covered in white dust/dirt from the dirt/rock road I live on makes it easy to find in the Walmart parking lot-nobody else has such a dirty car. Need RAIN!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ooof, that's rotten.

My sheep are still running away from home, but they won't all go together. Some left the pasture last night and they were bleating and bellowing. At midnight I closed the windows and turned on thunderstorm noise so I could sleep!