Fun Ice Cream Flavors!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Maple with candied bacon, served in a waffle cone or bowl.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Maple with candied bacon, served in a waffle cone or bowl.
:lol: Somehow the mention of bacon does not surprise me. ;)

Passionfruit sounds good, but I'm guessing it would be hard to find if you are trying to make homemade ice cream. Pink grapefruit would sound good to me if I liked grapefruit more.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
The only way I would take my ex husband back is if he were wrapped in bacon. And then fried.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
The only way I would take my ex husband back is if he were wrapped in bacon. And then fried.
:gig That's hilarious!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I also have had a blackberry Merlot ice cream that was wonderufl. I don't drink, so it was a surprise to me. An ice cream shop over at the beach made it for the Paso Robles wine festival and they had some left when I stopped by the shop. I got as sample, tried to duplicate it, but so far no luck. I ought to try again, it's been two years.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That sounds really good too. Did you try using blackberry wine or did you try using blackberries and merlot wine? There was some brand of berry wine my mom bought once that I think was called "blackberry merlot."

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I've not tried any homemade ice cream mainly cause I don't have the equipment. I've been trying to find a recipe that doesn't require special equipment. More like a mix ingredients & put in the freezer kinda thing, but so far no such luck & I haven't tried to experiment (yet ;) ).
Easiest way to make ice cream, EVER.

In pint size bag, pour one cup milk (cream is better!!), two spoonfuls sugar or substitute, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Seal tightly. Fill gallon size bag 1/2 way with ice, add 1/2 cup salt. Place small bag inside big bag, seal and shake, shake, shake!
Then, add whatever flavorings you want. Easy peasy!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last summer, I could not get enough of our honey ginger ice cream (loosely based on a whipped cream recipe I found) or vanilla mint. YUM!!!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Oooooh honey ginger, that sounds good. Why did I not think to combine the two?

Hey, Noobie, cool technique for making ice cream!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey Drake! (Computer is better, and faster now)

You can do the same thing Noobie said with two differernt sized coffee cans. One large and one small. Put the ice cream mixture in the small can, set it inside the big one. Then fill the big one with ice and rock salt.

Then get a cute kid to sit across from you on the floor and roll it back and forth. (Better when you have a classroom full of cute kiddos, but it works with less.) Sing ice cream songs and the time will go by a lot faster.

:D

Ldychef!! You always say the funniest things!! :lol: Wonder if there is a recipe for Crick Pot Ice Cream? :gig :hugs