Fun Ice Cream Flavors!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Hokey Pokey Ice Cream sounds good. Interesting article.

Great idea to make an ice cream ball.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Hokey Pokey Ice Cream sounds good. Interesting article.
found another article about Hokey Pokey that mentions why NZ ice cream is so good: BECAUSE IT'S SUSTAINABLE!!!

well, they don't say sustainable, but that's what they mean.

New Zealand's ice cream is well-loved for a reason. They use locally-produced, fresh ingredients, including fresh milk, cream and sugar. The nation is world-famous for the quality of its dairy products, the result of a clean environment, year-round grazing on outdoor pasture, a technologically advanced dairy industry, and strict quality and hygiene standards. New Zealand ice cream is made from the best and freshest dairy ingredients available anywhere.
good i love and miss that country.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
New Zealand's ice cream is well-loved for a reason. They use locally-produced, fresh ingredients, including fresh milk, cream and sugar.
Well d'uh! :) That is part of what I like about making my own ice cream -- you can put ingredients in it that you know where they came from, instead of just getting whatever is on offer at the supermarket.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Not terribly exciting but the last time we made homemade ice cream I discovered at the last minute I had no vanilla so I substitued anise flavoring. The ice cream had a nice subtle licorice flavor. If I'd had any licorice candy I'd have added bits. Can't do that now unless anyone knows of a source for gluten free licorice.
I told myself to stay away from this thread. :drool I want to try them all! Figures I'm in a two week dairy free trial and I cave in and peek!

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
With a licorice flavor you could bake an orange flavor for tiger tail:) I use anise alot in baking.