Funny, odd, weird town/city names?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We have Big Ugly and Little Ugly....which doesn't sound too bad until you get a headline in the local paper reading: " Big Ugly Woman in Car Wreck"

:lol:

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
We have Big Ugly and Little Ugly....which doesn't sound too bad until you get a headline in the local paper reading: " Big Ugly Woman in Car Wreck"

:lol:
You win!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
That's right, I think I've driven through Nimrod before. :lol:

I don't know how to pronounce Sekiu, BBH, your guess is as good as mine. When I drove through there, I kept trying to pronounce it. :p

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Intercourse Pa

Climax PA

Hey, don't stop point and laugh at me and say my minds in the gutter.... You asked, so I went the ones I liked the best. Typical male response isn't it? :lol:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
It's a true shame that the folks who named these places ("Big Ugly" and "Little Ugly" are just WONDERFUL!) aren't still around to take over naming subdivisions in developments. You'd have, like, "Cheesy Street", "Another Crescent", and of course there'd have to be "Booger Hill Boulevard". What a great world that would be to live in! :lol:

Pat, who likes the idea of "the town of Drain, where it floods a lot" and is mulling over how to apply that to naming our property here LOL

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
It's a true shame that the folks who named these places ("Big Ugly" and "Little Ugly" are just WONDERFUL!) aren't still around to take over naming subdivisions in developments. You'd have, like, "Cheesy Street", "Another Crescent", and of course there'd have to be "Booger Hill Boulevard". What a great world that would be to live in! :lol:

Pat, who likes the idea of "the town of Drain, where it floods a lot" and is mulling over how to apply that to naming our property here LOL
:yuckyuck :lol: :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I actually live near Seasame Street! It is a newer developed neighborhood. Sometimes I laugh when I drive by.