Funny, odd, weird town/city names?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ToLiveToLaugh said:
Here in Oregon we have a Boring (it is) and a Nimrod (mostly they are). Another one I like is Drain, but mainly because it floods a lot. :)
We live about 25 miles from Drain; we actually looked there for property before we moved to Oregon, but decided we couldn't live with that address :D
Q - Why is it so wet in Oregon?
A - Because there is only one Drain.
:D
(The town was named after its founder, a Mr. Drain; I have often wondered why he didn't use his first or middle name.)

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What I love and this is the truth now, you have to go through Blue Balls, and Virgineville to get to Intercourse!!!! :ep

Dildo and Upper Dildo _ you made that up! :lol:

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
We have a Blue Ball, Toadsuck, and Possum Grape. I think town names are like children's names: make stuff up just to screw with people for eternity!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

You may just have a point there. We were having a discussion about odd people names this weekend. A few spectacular ones were La-ia (The dash is not "silent", its pronounced La-dash-ia.)Harry Pitts, Dick Sweat (the congressman), and my favorite, Shi Thead (pronounced Shy Thede). She doesn't get along with her parents very well...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:

You may just have a point there. We were having a discussion about odd people names this weekend. A few spectacular ones were La-ia (The dash is not "silent", its pronounced La-dash-ia.)Harry Pitts, Dick Sweat (the congressman), and my favorite, Shi Thead (pronounced Shy Thede). She doesn't get along with her parents very well...
My cousin was Candace Kane prior to marriage. Yes, she used the nickname Candy.
There is a woman in town who used to work for our historic thread mill museum. Her married, hyphinated name is Laura Knott-Twine.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
noobiechickenlady said:

My cousin was Candace Kane prior to marriage. Yes, she used the nickname Candy.
There is a woman in town who used to work for our historic thread mill museum. Her married, hyphinated name is Laura Knott-Twine.
I get to hear lots of "unsual" names at work. I know a "Crispy", "Twinkle", and "Dimples". There's also a "Mike Hunt", "Tequeler", "Diamond Shanda Lier", Wendy (a guy), and "Celebirty".

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Back in 2003 I worked in a country store. Had a woman and her daughter come in to buy some yard butterflies for the daughter's wedding.

The daughter wrote a check. Her name?

Silver Ann Gold.

no kidding. I commented on how original it was, and she said her dad had decided as a kid that if he ever had a daughter he was going to name her Silver Ann because his last name was Gold.