Get out of my yard you darn kids!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Not lecturing, just offering a different perspective. ;) I can see being outraged and ranting if they had've spray painted the side of your house or something. A few branches? Like I said.... there are worse things kids could be doing.

Back in said subdivision, one of my neighbours had her house vandalized, and part of it was having dog sh*t smeared all over her windows and doors. Yeah. I'd be upset about that. Tree branches, not so much. Mybe a bit peeved but not ranitng bad. I guess what I am trying tro say is it is pretty mild, it could be alot worse. And might be, depending on how you handle it. Sorry, but I can't offer a "poor guy" pat on the back. If you feel the need topost your rants on public forums, be prepared when epople don't share your disdain.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I too would be p.o.'d about tree branches. MissNorth, maybe you don't have to lug bottles of water out to your tiny treelings, carefully tending to a decent height, then come out one day to find tire tracks going directly over all of them, completely run down and squished beyond repair. And not caring. I did and I do.

OP, I feel for you. It will escalate. Put up those no-trespassing signs, and see about fencing off that part of the property. Look at the footage from the game camera. You have every right to feel violated, because that's exactly what happened.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
These are 16' trees. And a few branches. I did not get the impression that these were vandals, just kids who wanted to climb a tree. But I digress. I tend not to worry or rant over things like this, but rather do something about it, besides rant. That is all I'm saying. I might be a bit perturbed, but not in the sense that 'this is why I hate my neighbourhood'. I tend not to hate. But I guess that is just me. And yes, we do have to water our trees-not by bucket, but with a big tank in the back of our truck, becasue our property is large. It was unfortunate last winter when someone lost control of their car and wiped out 4 of my trees, but I would not hate them for it. Now, if they took a chainsaw to them, that would be a different story. Perspective.

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
People.

This thread is getting out of hand. It appears that people are now reading a lot more into what others are writing than there is to it.

Some kids came in my yard and broke some tree branches, and scattered them in the street. I was P'd about it, and vented.
Now it is over. Done.

I'm over it and I sincerely thank you all for your understanding

I humbly suggest we all move on.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank goodness, finally a post of reason :lol:

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd be mad too. Mom and Dad should've taught them better than that - obviously they didn't.

It would be different if they were invited and accidentally broke something, but they weren't.

I feel bad for the OP having to put up with that sort of thing.

OrganicKale

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think climbing a tree is a rather more voluntary act than losing control of a car. I could be wrong.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Toulle said:
People.

This thread is getting out of hand. It appears that people are now reading a lot more into what others are writing than there is to it.

Some kids came in my yard and broke some tree branches, and scattered them in the street. I was P'd about it, and vented.
Now it is over. Done.

I'm over it and I sincerely thank you all for your understanding

I humbly suggest we all move on.
As per the op.