glenolam's madness - April passed away

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I googled Draxxin as a CL treatment yesterday and found that studies showed that Draxxin is effective against CL. The results looked promising. So in a round about way, thank you. If I didn't see your post I would have never googled it.

Here is what I found.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19405888

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow - Thanks Damummis! I always thought there was never a "cure" for CL - I thought once they had it that was it.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Wow - Thanks Damummis! I always thought there was never a "cure" for CL - I thought once they had it that was it.
Me too. I was thrilled to find this info.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Your parade looks like my kind of parade! The ones around here are just too noisy. They have a bunch of firetrucks, bands, etc. Plus, there's a ton of people watching it. I no longer go, but do kind of miss it. I'm curious. Do you have any idea what style of karate the school that was in the parade does? The belt system and trimming on the karate jackets looks like what they do in the style I studied.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry - No idea DD. There's several types of karate schools in our area so it could be any one of them.

I rather enjoy the 'country' style parades. To me, it really gets the whole purpose of the day - freedom and independance. No city slicker policitians greasing you up, no gangs eyeing the spectators waiting to find that one who's oblivious to having their wallet stolen, no drama as to who's float was the most expensive to build - just tractors, truck and trailors. And a whole lot of people of all ages who really appreciate what the parade is for.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Small town America at its best!
Our parade is not like anything else in the country, that's for sure. They say we had 30,000 spectators this year and yet we still hold onto some of that small town feel. No bands, just the local radio station playing patriotic music (that's a long story!) Yes, we do get politicians but they're not "working the crowd" so much as celebrating with us. Other than that it's the Scouts, the Ren Faire, the karate school, local businesses, churches, recovery groups, librarys, fire departments and families showing their love of our country. (Okay it sounds like I'm getting defensive and saying my parade is better than your parade so this where we need to insert a smiley that shows I'M NOT! :lol: ) Anyone can enter the parade so you get some guy in his late 80s dressed as Uncle Sam whose been there for all 26 years of the parade.
We usually go to one of the small town Memorial Day parades in Hampton or Scotland. Love them!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Sorry to hear April is having troubles. I haven't been around much lately and feel like I'm out of the loop on everything! Things should slow down at work soon though. :)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
eh...I'm busy too. it's summer - i don't want to be inside on the computer!

So - I made goat milk yogurt. It came out AWESOME! It's a little thin for my taste despite using quite a bit of powdered milk, so I have a bit of it in the freezer right now hopeing to turn it into frozen yogurt.

I also cooked up one of the meaties boobs last night.

Here they are, fresh from the pressure cooker and seasoned. Meat waiting to be pulled off the bone...

meatie-1.jpg

And here it is in the final state...stir fried!

meatiestirfry.jpg

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: I read your title and wondered what you've been smoking :lol: