Goodbye Michael Jackson and now Billy Mays!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
how did such a cute black kid grow up to be such an ugly white woman? :idunno :gig

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
:gig I heard this one today...
Farrah Faucet died 6 hours before Michael, she went to heaven. When she got there God asked what her one wish. She wished for the world to be safer for children.
God killed Michael.

:hide

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read the amount of drugs he was taking and really have to wonder how this didn't happen sooner! Who needs that many painkillers and 2 different types of anti depressants! His Dr should be de-registered.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was never a Michael Jackson fan either but I did follow certain aspects of his adventure in life and I was surprised to find out that there were a number of songs that were his that I had appreciated over the years, especially from his younger years.

Michael talked freely at how his father physically abused him. He was whipped and forced to work and was denied contact with playmates as a child. He never said he was sexually molested. The vast majority of sexual predators were sexually molested when they were children.

We should remember that Michael was ACQUITTED ON ALL COUNTS of any type of abuse.

This trial broke him. It took him quite a while to recover and to start to work again.

and this is what I noted. Michael did love to be around children and he had many child stars visit him at Neverland. Not one of them had anything bad to say about Michael.

Michael also had a zillion nieces and nephews and no problems there. They were reportedly close, he spent time with them yet none had a bad thing to say about Michael. This was investigated.

The people who accused Michael had history of extortion. Look into it if you are going to condemn Michael you should know the whole truth. He paid 23 million to free himself. They will choke on this money they took from him. This is money Michaels fans intended for him to have. Michael gave more money to charity than most celebrities. He was constantly giving away more money than he had. He felt his potential to make money was endless and that he should give money where ever it was needed.

I see Michael as a tragedy. He had a broken heart of gold. A passion for living and creativity and a pain deep inside that made him look at the man in the mirror and feel empty. His relationship with his father not only propelled him on to success but tormented him. He could not find safety and love in relationships, except maybe with Brooke Sheilds, which was platonic.

Michael was behind the first "live aide" type of concert. It was his brain child. It was to raise money for kids who have nothing. Sales from the single and accompanying album and video ultimately raised over $63 million for the famine relief in Africa.

There comes a time
When we head a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on
Pretnending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We are all a part of
God's great big family
And the truth, you know love is all we need

[Chorus]
We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me

Send them your heart
So they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stone to bread
So we all must lend a helping hand

[Chorus]
We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving
Just you and me

When you're down and out
There seems no hope at all
But if you just believe
There's no way we can fall
Well, well, well, well, let us realize
That a change will only come
When we stand together as one

[Chorus]
We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving
Just you and me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_the_World
http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/charities.html
http://www.looktothestars.org/celebr...ichael-jackson

Michael Jackson gave to more charitable causes than any other pop star in history and he spent much time visiting orphanages, hospitals and remote locations to help save children. His actions are not congruent with a child molester, but of that of someone with a broken heart.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ticks said:
Billy Mays the annoying oxi clean guy died too today!
annoying yes, but I liked him !!

So many passing so young...scary!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
That's very nice Mackay,
If everyone could see the better side of every person, and every thing, I doubt the world would be as dark as it is.

However, childhood abuse is not an excuse for that, if it really did happen. Broken hearted, neglected, or not.

Too bad Billy Mays died, I like watching him con people into buying all that stuff.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
That's very nice Mackay,
If everyone could see the better side of every person, and every thing, I doubt the world would be as dark as it is.

However, childhood abuse is not an excuse for that, if it really did happen. Broken hearted, neglected, or not.

Too bad Billy Mays died, I like watching him con people into buying all that stuff.
It is not an excuse but it is an explanation. How we treat one another, how we treat our children, reverberates through life and affects all. That Michael lived to not beat his children is a reflection of spiritual growth and determination to alter his life. He saw to it that that his children would not endure what he did - to be forced to work, to be separated from other children, to not allowed to play and to be beaten when he rebelled, to be demanded perfection of.

My brother was beaten as a child, and I got to watch. I understand some of the psychology of this. I understand what It took for my brother to free himself, to not repeat, as well as myself. I was taught to beat by example. I chose to unlearn it. It is clear that not all abused manage to unlearn and change.

In the US isn't it innocent until proven guilty?

The media stalked and crucified him for profit then they immortalize him for more profit. We will never know the truth of Michael Jackson

But my personal feeling is that he did not do what was accused of him. He does not fit the profile of a child molester, but that of a person with a deeply broken heart, who longed to be loved, who longed to be perfect and who longed to love with in a very cruel, competitive, materialistic, expression of life, show business. It seems to me that he had an introverted death wish, being anorexic, an insomniac, pushing away people that wanted to help him, accepting those who would do him ill, all the surgery to change himself to make himself more "perfect", all the drugs just to sleep. He rebelled against his father and threw him out of his life, which was a good step to freeing himself. But I don't think he found his way all the way. He was deeply wounded. He had a lot of love to give, a lot of money to give, but not much love for himself.

Reaction score
As an artist Michael Jackson was a genius. I never did understand why he had his nose butchered, or what happened to his skin. I love about 10 or 12 of his songs.

As for his child abuse allegations. I never believed that he sexually abused children. He did openly admit that he slept with some children though. I'm sure the kids were probably thrilled at that, it was bad judgment on his part. Perhaps he was so disconnected from reality that he didn't know that was not acceptable behavior. You have to wonder what kind of parent would leave their child to sleep with MJ. I could understand a slumber party with 8 or 10 kids all camping out with MJ. The sleeping is a bit much though and can't be good for the child's psych. Hopefully the charges were truly false. Hopefully MJ will rest in peace.

As for Billy Mays. He's the reason they developed a mute button.