Goodbye my friends, in a few minutes the world is going to end, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks, Aly! :) Yes, I have as twisted a sense of humor as the next person and can laugh at myself and even others at times.

This is not one of those times as this man has twisted theology based on Christian beliefs and helped the whole world, yourselves included, make a mockery out of holy scripture.

But....Jesus says to forgive seven times seventy and even if this man can be forgiven by Christ, why not me?

I ordinarily wouldn't have even made a comment on this thread but I've seen these forums turn this event into just another way to mock and bash the Christian faith and that I won't hold still for. As you wouldn't hold still if it were your faith others were bashing.

I guess we are trying to make light fun from what is actually a tragically mentally ill person, or con-artist crook, and his poor and bankrupt victims, or his wealthy and slightly more poor now victims.
Sunsaver, has this man hurt you personally in some way? If so, maybe you have a reason to ridicule him and those who believe his words as a way of dealing with your outrage, anger and pain. I don't know you but I'm sorry if you feel hurt.

Think of it this way, if you can. From a Christian's point of view, this man may just be a false prophet and have mislead many people, even took their money under false pretenses. But so does many of the religions we~as Christians~ see as false out there....every day they divert funds under what we consider as false pretenses and lead people away from the one true way to God. Really no different, just more subtle, less billboard space. ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I've seen these forums turn this event into just another way to mock and bash the Christian faith and that I won't hold still for.
That is NOT what has happened. Sorry you see things that way.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Beekissed why are you picking on Sunsaver? Most of the people who posted on this thread including the OP thought this topic was funny and not unChristian. The Pope and the heads of the Christian Churches were not saying the rapture was scheduled for Saturday and obviously even YOU have said no one can know when the end of the world would be. Why are you taking this so personally, were you packed and ready to go? Give it a rest. People making fun of HIM is not making fun of YOU okay?

I heard the zombies were coming on Saturday, not anything about the rapture. I wasn't real worried either way. Either way, new people to this forum should not be bullied. I have reported you.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I may not know when Jesus will come back, but I know when we'll be able to have a religious(stretching it here) thread without somebody getting their panties in a twist....anybody want to make a stab at guessing that one? :rolleyes:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I may not know when Jesus will come back, but I know when we'll be able to have a religious(stretching it here) thread without somebody getting their panties in a twist....anybody want to make a stab at guessing that one? :rolleyes:
i'm with you Wannabe.... i'll guess "when hell freezes."

i dont think this is the right place to have any religious discussion. sadly Bee is right - these things tend to go off in the ditch.

making fun of anyone for their religious beliefs (right or wrong or weird or not) tends to get mean.
:-(

maybe we can make fun of Arnold for being the Sperminator instead? now THATS funny.

SD - the rapture teachings may be more of a regional thing.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Somebody give this lady some bacon!!! You nailed it OFG and with only one guess...amazing! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.