got.covid

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh dang, so sorry to hear that ya'll got it. Lots of good advice here.

My DD and DSIL have both had it for the last two weeks. DD and the kids tested negative this week, but DSIL was still testing positive as of Thursday...

Hang in there!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just go into my cook book and find a recipe for waffles or pancakes. Then... I multiply the dry ingredients accordingly to fill my container. Generally, I mix up 8 - 10 C. of various flours at a time. It works pretty good to put it all in a gallon bag, and then roll and knead the bag to get the other ingredients well distributed. So... when I make waffles, all I have to add is milk, egg, and oil.

10 c. various flours
5 - 8 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt

When I make waffles or pancakes, I just wing it. Dry mix, plus 1 egg, a small glug of oil, and milk to make things the right consistency. I could put dry powdered milk in the dry mix, but... we have a hard time using up a gallon of milk before it sours, so I don't bother.

If you want to make muffins, quick bread, coffee cake, just look at your ratios and add more sugar and oil as the particular recipe requires.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wife is ok. another kid got a fever today. look a like we aren't leaving the house for a while longer.
So you say you all are quar
I just go into my cook book and find a recipe for waffles or pancakes. Then... I multiply the dry ingredients accordingly to fill my container. Generally, I mix up 8 - 10 C. of various flours at a time. It works pretty good to put it all in a gallon bag, and then roll and knead the bag to get the other ingredients well distributed. So... when I make waffles, all I have to add is milk, egg, and oil.

10 c. various flours
5 - 8 Tbsp. sugar
6 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. salt

When I make waffles or pancakes, I just wing it. Dry mix, plus 1 egg, a small glug of oil, and milk to make things the right consistency. I could put dry powdered milk in the dry mix, but... we have a hard time using up a gallon of milk before it sours, so I don't bother.

If you want to make muffins, quick bread, coffee cake, just look at your ratios and add more sugar and oil as the particular recipe requires.

"Winging it" means I best stay ways from this recipe.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You also want to make sure the chicken is patted dry before you put the breading on. Otherwise, the water turns to steam and everything cools off and gets soggy.