got eggs in the incubator

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I use an LG and got one chick out of it. Compared to ten developmenting embryos. But I kept humidity right but my down fall was two thermometers, this time its one thermometer. Last night I separated the Buffs to a pen so I could get some eggs to hatch. I'm going to set them Wednesday evening. They should hatch when the Ducks do on the 23rd. :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As of right now I have 3 doz chicken eggs, 50 corturnex eggs, 20 bob white eggs, and 4 duck eggs in the incubator. Many of the chicken eggs are looking good.

The bob white eggs 10 of 20 are good at 7 days, good considering the guy that had them wasn't incubating yet and they haddnt been gathered for 2 days and the nights were cold.

Just put in 50 corturnex quail eggs and 4 duck eggs yesterday.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby actually called me up yesterday wanting to know what the humidity level was supposed to be. So, maybe, just maybe there's hope for him yet!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Hubby actually called me up yesterday wanting to know what the humidity level was supposed to be. So, maybe, just maybe there's hope for him yet!
:lol: Maybe! :D

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My husband keeps telling everyone that he got me an incubater. But it is my thing like he doesn't care for it, but every day he asks me if I checked on my eggs today and how are they doing, and when are they going to hatch? So I think he is more excited than he let's on. And now he is helping look for eggs to put in it! Lol. He has a friend who said as soon as his guineas start to lay we can have a bunch of eggs. Yay!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
RU wants to get turkey eggs to put in my bator, and KN has asked about putting in duck eggs.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just brought home 1 doz french copper marans and 8 buff orpingtons and 4 rir. (Eggs not chicks)

And 18 mixed she had french copper marans, buff orpingtons, rir, blue laced red wyndotts, and isa browns. She set these eggs almost a week after separating the flocks back out. Hoping to get some dark egg layers out of these.

And wow! You should see the size and color of these maran eggs! They barely fit in the carton! And DARK!

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Candled my eggs last night. (day 7) So far, 44 eggs still good so even though some of them were close to freezing and others very cold when collected, it doesn't seem to matter. Some being 10-14 days old is not being problematic either. What seems to be doing the trick is plenty of roosters and diet. Next candling day 18.

Setting another batch today or tomorrow depending on how many hatching quality I get today.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I tried to candle my eggs today, but couldn't see thru the shells. :/