Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A quart bag of fillets, cut in 1” wide pieces, cover with water. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of salt, refrigerate overnight. Drain, roll in seasoned cornmeal and fry.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I kicked it this weekend with my wife's help. Moved all the wiring in "the man cave" over to the new 200 amp service.

I got lights up on the outside of "the man cave". Lights up the walks, the driveway and I have one pointed at the barn door. I searched around for LED floodlights that were not plastic junk. I found some nice heavy duty powder coated aluminum outdoor fixtures, made in the USA at Menards for $12.44, Sigma Electric Outdoor Security Flood Light Kit.
16795_new.jpg

Comes with everything you need minus the wire ofcourse. I highly recommend this kit, they are heavyduty. I called our electric co-op and they told me they partnered with Dollar Tree and have 2 packs of 650 lumans indoor/outdoor led flood lights at their stores for a dollar.
IMG_20200823_220153748.jpg

So I have less than $20.00 (after taxes :( ) in each light and the should last a good long time. Not some cheap plastic made in China BS, that is ruined come the first hail storm. Yippie no more flashlights needed when exiting the back door of the house.
IMG_20200823_220051298.jpg

Also trimmed a lot of trees, what I couldn't get from the ground with my pole saw, I got from a ladder, when that didn't work I got on the roof of the house.

My son and his soon to be wife, came over Saturday even and camped out by the pond. We had a legit campout with fire and fishing. That was cool, I really needed to just relax, I didn't get to sleep untill 3 AM.

I also cut down 3 flipping satellite dishes out of the yard at ground level.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh yeah, wasp would be worse than mouse, for sure. I've stripped down whole upper body in yard when something flew down my shirt and stung my back.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This weekend more tree trimming, sealed all the ductwork in "the man cave" and moved us off the overhead wire that was powering the garage, "the man cave" and the barn. I haven't cut the wire down because there's two poles and guide wires that have to be cut first. But the wire is dead now :) I tell you what working with mine wire ain't no joke... That stuff is hard to work with. Plus it has braided metal in with the cable I guess for pulling and it also has smaller guage wire in several pairs like for telephone or intercom maybe??? I'm just using it for 100 amp service.

I'm sure am glad I went though the duct work. None of the boots were sealed and over 1/2 of the flex pipes was torn where they were not careful putting them on the boots. If I were the one who paid to have the unit installed, I would have bounced the clowns who put it in, right out the door on their heads. their tools would have been thrown out the door behind them. I'm I tightwad when it comes to stuff like this. Do it right or get out. Leaky ductwork is just throwing money away.

I also replaced the frame around the garage door that was dry rotted with pressure treated southern yellow pine. Then I painted it. I also tighten up the roof tin in preparation for winter winds that howl.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is the oldest out building, it's a 1 car garage. But honestly, it might be the most valuable. The walls are lined with 1 1/4" old growth wide antique heartwood pine and it's also framed in old growth white oak 2x4's, 2x6's and 6x6's

Before and after replacing door frame and painting. I plan on painting the rest of it next summer but for now, I just wanted to get it ready for winter.
IMG_20200829_132556097_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20200830_134517058_HDR~2.jpg