Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife is funny... A few nights ago, we were sitting in the man cave with the door open and a fox let off a scream. My wife jumped up and my hunting dog rose from his slumber and bolted out the door barking up a storm. My wife said what in the heck was that? I said a fox, there are lots of them here. She said it sounded like it was right in the back yard. I said it probably was in a tree out there. Then she said they climb trees? I said yep it's kind of like a dog and a cat mix. Now she will not go outside at night anymore without a flashlight and she shines it in the trees as she's walking out the door. :oops:

Guarding the farm all night is hard work!
IMG_20200815_225029.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A fox scream will raise the hair on the back of your neck if you never heard one.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night we experienced our first power outage. Funny how country life works... My neighbor across the road, who grew up in the house we bought, called his brother who lives up the road at the second curve and used to work for the electric co-op who's son now works at the electric co-op. My neighbor's brother's son said a transformer blew at the substation. My neighbor John waited for me to come out of my house. After I sent his wife this text.
IMG_20200819_144010.jpg

You know instead of texting me back, he waits in the pitch black for me to come out with my flash light. I hear John holler from across the road. "Jeff?" I holler back Yes John. then he hollers back, not the new light, transformer blew at the sub-station. Brother's son and grandson are working on it now, won't have power until in the morning. You all-right? Need anything? I holler back thanks for the info, we're good. He hollers back, OK then, goodnight see you in the morning. I holler back, yep Goodnite, holler if you all need anything. He hollers back, will do.

I tell you what... I felt like I was one of the the Walton's. Our neighbor is perhaps the best one we have ever had. Not up on technology but that's ok :) meanwhile I go to the electric co-op web site and look at the outages page. Yep sure enough power outage being worked on. But I got more and better information from hollering across the road than I did the website
Screenshot_2020-08-19-00-27-08.png

I took full advantage of the pitch black and clear sky to stargaze. How awesome it was too.

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wonder how many people took advantage of the darkness like you did.
My DH, gotta love him, will break out the generator and power up the TV...
I have been known to grab a flashlight and read a book.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wonder how many people took advantage of the darkness like you did.
My DH, gotta love him, will break out the generator and power up the TV...
I have been known to grab a flashlight and read a book.

??? But I really do like stargazing. Don't hardly understand why though. Looking out at the vastness makes my feel tiny and puts a new prospective on life everytime I do. I should add that the sky was so clear last night, that I could see the milky way as clear as a bell.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But where's the Blue Bell? Man that pie looks delicious 👌

Bay here is what I gathered off this shrub. Looks like the birds got the lions share though. I took the berry head placed it in a large paper grocery bag and shook the head on the the sides of the bag. I don't have my scale unpacked but I would say I have a good pound in a little less than 5 mins of bag shaking. Its kind of like snipe hunting :lol I think I have enough seeds for 100 ft row now :)

IMG_20200819_185806573.jpg

IMG_20200819_190932301.jpg

IMG_20200819_191058875.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last night we experienced our first power outage. Funny how country life works... My neighbor across the road, who grew up in the house we bought, called his brother who lives up the road at the second curve and used to work for the electric co-op who's son now works at the electric co-op. My neighbor's brother's son said a transformer blew at the substation. My neighbor John waited for me to come out of my house. After I sent his wife this text.
View attachment 14494

You know instead of texting me back, he waits in the pitch black for me to come out with my flash light. I hear John holler from across the road. "Jeff?" I holler back Yes John. then he hollers back, not the new light, transformer blew at the sub-station. Brother's son and grandson are working on it now, won't have power until in the morning. You all-right? Need anything? I holler back thanks for the info, we're good. He hollers back, OK then, goodnight see you in the morning. I holler back, yep Goodnite, holler if you all need anything. He hollers back, will do.

I tell you what... I felt like I was one of the the Walton's. Our neighbor is perhaps the best one we have ever had. Not up on technology but that's ok :) meanwhile I go to the electric co-op web site and look at the outages page. Yep sure enough power outage being worked on. But I got more and better information from hollering across the road than I did the website
View attachment 14495

I took full advantage of the pitch black and clear sky to stargaze. How awesome it was too.
Gotta love the neighborhood information line.....