Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First comment I made when you bought the tractor --- attachments next and neverending!! :lol: but so nice to have! My current is a rake -- coming this month. Then next year I am hoping for the pto tiller! Costly. But I sure feel a need....older I get, more I need! I have a pull behind for mower that works great BUT one on pto can be lifted, you drive or back and set it back down. Can't with pull behind....it's constant till or stop, off mower, manually lever up to wheels, drive, off to reset back onto tiller position......unit has own motor. Original cut is fine but when you want sections only, can be real issues. Then you use a walk behind.....hang on!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jealous on all counts. I do hope you are carrying while you are hogging. I'd be looking to get in a bit of target practice to thin out the predator herd.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, you can run both on same pasture. You don't want breeding males all together...fights. plus any grains be careful as sheep do not tolerate copper the way goats do, who need more. Depending on breed of sheep or goat, IMO the goats would prefer the steeper, rugged area more. But I don't raise sheep. They seem to work as a good mower where goats like to grab a few bites and move, especially grabbing at higher levels ... In general.

Meat goats. Kiko, savannah, boer.....depending on what's available for you. All can be not the best of breed if not bred well. So know that you want stocky. I have had some good crossbred does perform well, costing less up front, especially when covered by a really good buck! I will post some pics for you when on other computer where they are. Visuals help. Plus, this tablet has auto correct and I can assure you, it isn't farm friendly with language! Lot of proof reading..... :oops: oh, I personally like boer as they were what I raised and found good temperament, easy kidding, fast growth and excellent sales. Good carcass to meat ratio. Savannah's are good but not easy to get here.

Boy do I hear you on proof reading... Most Everytime I push post go back and read and say that's not what I wrote and have to edit more than once :(

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe Gary can sense the musician in you. He's probably happy to have a neighbor who can relate to his experiences. Yay for meeting another nice neighbor!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe Gary can sense the musician in you. He's probably happy to have a neighbor who can relate to his experiences. Yay for meeting another nice neighbor!
He is a very nice guy no doubt at it. I'm just really surprised the local long time residents know such little about the guy and refer to him as a hermit.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like you were destined to buy property adjacent to Gary's. Could be that you and he will form quite the symbiotic alliance.
I need hooves on this place sometime aweful. But I got to get at least one pasture fenced in completely and gated. I don't know much about fencing and if I should go with electric or barbwire or both? If I go with barb wire how many runs 3 or 4, same question with electric. It would seem that electric would fence train the animals but what if the power goes out then what? Maybe a solar fence charger with battery might be best? IDK... I need some expert advise.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, Bay.....and in only what? A month? Whoooweee. :lol: When do you start more wine?????