Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
will be painted, but it will sit outside. It is for a solar dehydrator, so I don't want green treated. What would you suggest?

It will be painted and most of the edges covered in some way -- tin, paint, etc. -- from most plans I've seen. So, why not just cover it in bad weather with a tarp or such? It isn't going to last forever, no matter what. Majority of time it will only be used in summer -- sun/hot/etc. Maybe put wheels on it and move into a shed for winters. You'll get several years out of it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More stuff for the cave. For $150.00, I couldn't pass, kind of 50'ish style, but I'm OK with that.

Base Cabinets & Countertops.
IMG_20200914_193125420~2.jpg

Matching Upper cabinet.
IMG_20200914_193147793.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lot of cabinet there!! Looks in real good shape, too. I'd say that was a SCORE. :clap

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Score!! Not even too bad looking.
DH suggested that I put the kitchen cabinets into the craft shed when we re-do the kitchen. We need to redo the kitchen because the cabinets have fixed shelves and nothing fits in the cabinets! Plus the plywood doors are so old they are starting to warp so they don't all close tightly. I am curious about how many layers of paint there are on those cabinets. The outside is painted a soft yellow and the insides are dark green.:sick

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wiring for the multi purpose room is done, minus the ceiling fan breaker which I'll hook up when I put the ceiling fan in. I basically tore out all the jacked up wiring and reused what wiring I could. It's amazing how much wire was in this one room. It was strung every which way.

The walls are all insulated except for over the door, which I haven't figured out what I'm going to do over there yet. I put a wanted ad out on FB Marketplace for 20 sheets of plywood and got a response, so I'm picking that up tomorrow. Way below retail and no paying dick Durban sales tax either.

Now the fun begins... sheeting the ceiling with plywood. I'm going to take my time and do it in stages and insulate as I go.
IMG_20200915_234539167.jpg

Then I'll most likely tackle the two car garage door and stand a 16' long wall up in it's place. This of course means I have to put up tin the outside.

Its odd... I was talking my wife that we spend more time out here in "the man cave" than we do the house. My office is also in "the man cave" so I'm here working from home bright and early in the morning. Anyways it's a great place for all of us (including our two dogs) to just hang out and do whatever. Like play fight :rolleyes:
IMG_20200916_003140727.jpg

For me it's mixed emotions when I put the cover on the breaker box for the first time. One it means I'm done wiring, two it means I'm done wiring. I really do like wiring, it's very enjoyable to for me.
IMG_20200916_001234342.jpg

IMG_20200916_005017753.jpg

Here's what I pulled out of "the man cave" when I rewired it. Plus I put in outlets along the walls and lights in the ceiling. Its amazing how much wire one can save by just running along the framing and not all over the place to trip on when your up in the attic.
IMG_20200916_005622812.jpg

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My DH did some re-wiring in the barn. He put in 3 rows of lights for those dark winter evenings, so I can do chores when I get home at 6 and it is already dark outside. He does things right, he installed it all in metal conduit - even going so far as to bend around some of the tree truck ceiling joists that they used. The only thing is, he doesn't ever remove the old wiring. It is hanging down all over the place, light bulbs and fixtures with no power to them and what not. I will have to go out there with a bucket, hammer, pliers and stepladder to remove all the dead stuff.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DH did some re-wiring in the barn. He put in 3 rows of lights for those dark winter evenings, so I can do chores when I get home at 6 and it is already dark outside. He does things right, he installed it all in metal conduit - even going so far as to bend around some of the tree truck ceiling joists that they used. The only thing is, he doesn't ever remove the old wiring. It is hanging down all over the place, light bulbs and fixtures with no power to them and what not. I will have to go out there with a bucket, hammer, pliers and stepladder to remove all the dead stuff.

I'm a firm believer in reuse. If it's good wire, no nick or cuts in reuse it why not? It's perfectly good wire. +1 on conduit in the barn. It's exposed so the chances of damage is far greater than wire hidden in walls and ceilings m