Grapes-How to

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FYI... 25% off this weekend at Ty Ty use code MOTHER at checkout.

Screenshot_20220506-095114.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
TyTy 2 year old grape vines. The ones you get at the store may have 2 buds, mostly only 1 bud. But as you can see there are multiple buds on the tyty nursery grape vines. I guess I'll let them go and pick the most healthy one to train to the wires. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing so far 👍 Praying for productive vines to come in the following years.
IMG_20220506_114255321_HDR.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well... The ty ty grapes are starting to shot up vines. I told my wife it's gonna be so hard to cut all those vines and leave just one. She said yeah I know with a frown on her face. Then she said can you propagate them? I was surprised that she said the word propagate, it turned on a lightbulb 💡

So I got to studying... Grape greenwood cuttings seem pretty easy to root. I'm gonna give it a try. If they take I'll feel better than just letting them wither to die on the ground. But then again, if they take, I'll have so many grape vines I won't know what I'll do with them all. I guess I could pot the ones that take and babysit them till they go dormant. Then try and sell them as 1 year plants next spring.

I really need a green house or something all these plants we got started and attempts at making more plants, is starting to get out of hand quickly...

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
what variety is it? some will not survive unless grafted to native root stock.

if by chance they are a native variety then you can stick cuttings in the ground with enough nodes in the damp soil. keep them covered if it is warm so that they won't dry out and some of them should root. located in a shady spot that gets indirect light until you see new buds come out then gradually move out into where they will get more light to adapt them.
They will be concord grapes, my sister has them at her house and I would get them from her

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They will be concord grapes, my sister has them at her house and I would get them from her

did she start the plant from a cutting herself? i ask because sometimes they can be grafted onto other rootstock. i'm guessing that it may not really matter but it can sometimes be worth it spending some $ on an known quality grape vine instead of just guessing because you're going to be putting work into growing and pruning them. if instead you're willing to take the risk you can give it a shot and consider it a learning experience. :)

i think for your zone a Concord vine should survive.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anyone got any experiences with TyTy? They seem to have great ratings in the comments section and the prices seem good also.

Along with Concord and Nigeria. I just about got farm babe talked into Merlot and Pinot Chardonnay. She says but we rarely drink wine. My answer is but we should have a little wine a few times a week. Not to get drunk but for health. Plus I would enjoy stomping them to ferment. 😂

https://www.tytyga.com/Merlot-Grape-p/grawin-merlot.htm

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have not but you have directed me to yet another site for shopping ;)! I will have my DH send you a thank you note :gig :lol:

On a serious note I will check it out. I got grape cuttings from my sister started and have an order on Ebay (not my favorite) that I am contemplating but TyTy might be a better choice
I know nothing about TyTy but we fixin' to find out. Like the reviews and no hassle 1 year warranty.

Latest posts