Guess I'll try again.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sure Snopes is not perfect, very few things in life are. But, in fact, that particular article was not from Snopes. (I had looked at so many articles that day.) The link I actually posted was from Politifact.com.

And, I put that out there because I'm one of those annoying folks who likes to study both sides of a proposition.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
I put that out there because I'm one of those annoying folks who likes to study both sides of a proposition.
I quite agree nothing is perfect. But I do respect everybody who wants to study both sides of any discussion and give it a fair evaluation.

Of significance, is the fact that nobody puts anything like that article on the Internet with the absolute intent of it being absolutely true. That's the very reason Snopes exists. This is one of the Great faults of the Internet. Way too many people believe that if you read it on the Internet that it's true. We all know better than that I'm sure.

While there are some few people out there who are actually honest in their intent, the problem really is that there are way too many more absolutely dishonest in their intent and have some other agenda that attempts to sway the opinion of the masses or worse steal from them in someway.
E caveat emptor!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Certainly not everything on the internet is true. Just one of the reasons I routinely read as many sides of the story that I can and listen to opinions on both sides of the aisle.

Purely out of curiosity - what part of that particular article do you find to be untrue?

While I have not necessarily been an Obamacare advocate I will admit that last week, when we were waiting on test results to find out if my granddaughter had a brian tumor, I advised my daughter to sign up as quickly as possible. She has no insurance and at least Obamacare would cover a pre-existing condition.

Seeing it from a personal perspective...wondering how our family could ever afford to pay for her care with no insurance... that made it look pretty damn good to me.

Thankfully, test results came back negative.

Dumbfarmhand

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
~gd said:
Icu4dzs said:
frustratedearthmother said:
So exactly how trustworthy is Snopes?
More trustworthy than those that post from one source {by mistake] and say it is from another source maybe?
At least the mistake was acknowledged. The link addressed the massive amount of misinformation, some outright egregious, of what ACA is and is not. So Snopes was referenced, not Politifact. BFD.