hair care?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
piecemaker said:
OK are you useing ACV or regular vinegar to make the citrus rinise? I have used the BS/ACV once. Hair was oily the next day, am going to try it for at least a week to see how it does
I personally use ACV for my rinse. Stick with it for a little while - the over oilyness is actually often the result of using conventional shampoo/conditioner. The shampoo/conditioner actually strips away too much oil from the hair, and so the body over compensates and produces too much. Once the body figures out it doesn't have to that usually stops.
Keep us posted!!

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Will be keeping up with the BS/ACV hair cleaning.

Yesterday at Walmart I saw coconut oil in pill form in with vitamins. There was an article in one of the women's magazines this month about the benefits of the coconut oil

hqueen13

Reaction score
Interesting on the article on coconut oil. I know of several other sources that talk about its benefits, including the fact that it can help promote weight loss.
I would wonder though if it is worth it to buy it in pills, or buy just straight coconut oil. If you can't stand the taste I guess pills is better, but otherwise it might be more economical to just eat it with a spoon or stir it into coffee or tea.
I use it for a lot of things, including my skin and hair. During winter I will use coconut oil instead of gel to help smooth my hair and give it a little more moisture to combat the dry static.
I hope your trial goes well!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I know if I ever go to a doctor again I'll get shot but I quit taking my thyroid medicine almost 2 months ago. I take a coconut oil pill every other day and have plenty of energy and no low thyroid side effects yet. I only take the pill because I don't need any extra calories of any type. I use olive oil to cook with.

I also recently read an article on this board about using coconut oil to reverse alzheimers. I'm sold on it!

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Was reading about coconut oil on the net. Sounds like it could be pretty good for several things

hqueen13

Reaction score
Awesome. Just awesome!! it is good for a lot of things. There is a book with a diet built around using coconut - Eat Fat, Lose Fat, and it is very useful. The other half doesn't like coconut as much, so he hasn't really stuck to it, but it really can work to eat fat in order to lose weight. I did it on accident, and I shouldn't be losing weight! LOL

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
piecemaker said:
fbh said:
BarefootMom said:
I soak orange peels in vinegar for about a week and then use about 1/4 cup of vinegar mixed with about 1 cup of water- swish together and pour all over hair, let sit on hair for a couple of minutes and then rinse. The citrus helps to control frizzy flyaways. I have read that you could add citric acid (like what you would use for canning or some people use lemon juice instead of vinegar- you just have to figure out what works the best for your hair.)
Very good, I make my one and only household cleaner the same way, lol. I soak orange peels in vinegar for 3 - 5 days, pour off the vinegar into a spray bottle, cover the orange peels again, sometimes add more, I put some cloves in mine, and clean (dust), wipe down the counters, clean up spills, etc and etc.
OK are you useing ACV or regular vinegar to make the citrus rinise? I have used the BS/ACV once. Hair was oily the next day, am going to try it for at least a week to see how it does
I use ACV and I use my own vinegar that I make from fruit scraps - My batch I made this fall is Pear Vinegar - love it on my hair.

GhostRider65

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use ACV and I use my own vinegar that I make from fruit scraps - My batch I made this fall is Pear Vinegar - love it on my hair
Could I get an explanation on how you make the vinegar, pear sounds like a wonderful hair tonic..........TY Kim

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarefootMom said:
piecemaker said:
fbh said:
Very good, I make my one and only household cleaner the same way, lol. I soak orange peels in vinegar for 3 - 5 days, pour off the vinegar into a spray bottle, cover the orange peels again, sometimes add more, I put some cloves in mine, and clean (dust), wipe down the counters, clean up spills, etc and etc.
I use ACV and I use my own vinegar that I make from fruit scraps - My batch I made this fall is Pear Vinegar - love it on my hair.
How do you make vinegar from fruit? I want to do it :) is there something online I could look up?

dma1974

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok, I've been doing the BS and ACV for a couple of weeks now and I'm not liking the oiliness. My hair gets SO oily! I've never washed it every day, it just can't take all that. Should I start doing every day with the BS? I've read that it can take up to a couple of months for things to regulate. I have a fairly sensitive system that doesn't like change but will adapt and hang onto a certain way of doing things. Could it be that it is just taking some time for my scalp to adjust accordingly?

Oh- I'm using about 2 Tbsp per wash, more if its extra oily and only a few drops of ACV. (1Tbsp diluted into 8oz water, about a tablespoon of that per wash)