hair care?

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't even think we HAVE a yarn shop other than Michaels, or Hancock Fabrics... :-(
Maybe I'll have my momma pick some up before she comes here... she lives in Houston and is ALWAYS going to the yarn shop for something... How sad.. I have to get yarn from TX... LOL

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I just googled 'yarn shop Jacksonville, NC' and this came up: http://www.phootsy.com/
Dunno how far that is from you, but it might be a fun trip.
There is always online shopping. I have purchased most of my brown sheep yarn from this website: http://www.kyarns.com/ and it comes in a BILLION colors, LOL. I think the site probably does sell roving, too.
Have fun!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have started using J.R. Liggett - Bar Shampoo and an ACV rinse. I am amazed at how well it works. I have very dry,coarse, curly hair and I no longer need conditioner. It is awesome! My dd is making the switch to and is very happy to be chemical free.
Nancy

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
What does anyone use who has oily and fine hair? I keep seeing about dry and thick hair.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
snapshot said:
What does anyone use who has oily and fine hair? I keep seeing about dry and thick hair.
Actually, snapshot, you may want to try it anyway. Sometimes oily hair is actually the result of the shampoo/conditioner stripping so much of the natural oil out of your hair/scalp that the body overproduces oil. So the vicious cycle continues. Early on I posted a link to the blog post on Mark's Daily Apple that changed my mind about it, check the comments (there are PAGES AND PAGES of comments!) because there are a lot of people that have posted their experiences. Sometimes it can take as much as 2 weeks for the body to settle out and adjust to the lack of chemicals.

Give it a try, worst it is going to do is not work, and then there are other options (the shampoo bars are one, I have never seen/used them, but its something that others have had good success with)

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I have oily thick hair and haven't used shampoo or conditioner since November 29th. I just do the baking soda paste and then I do a citrus vinegar rinse. I find that I don't have to wash my hair as often anymore. The first couple of weeks my hair was super frizzy (prone to be that way anyway) but now it has calmed down. I love it and plan on never going back!

some info that i read before taking the plunge - http://simplemom.net/how-to-clean-your-hair-without-shampoo/

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I've used this method three times now and my hair does just great. DH (who has very long thick hair) started it today and he is sold also. He waited to see how I did first! LOL

How do you do the citrus vinegar rinse?

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can say that I am IN LOVE with this!! DH was commenting the other day about how shiny it was! I got some coconut oil yesterday and put it on last night before I went to bed. I'm going to wash it out before church. I can't WAIT to see the results. :D