Has anyone here seen the latest prediction from Gerald Celente??

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Their no doubt in my heart and mind that were in for a rough ride.I do believe that way to many honesty believe we'll make a slower than normal rebound,but we'll get through this in awhile, I not one of them. I'm not a doom and gloomer, but common sense and facing the new world we live in now, is in order,IMO....
Who knows how accurate this guys predictions will be, he seems to have a pretty good track record of prediction that have come to pass.I ask the question, what reasons do i have for thinking this man is wrong..? None...
I'm going to keep doing what i have been doing, hoping and praying for the best, preparing the best i can for the worst...

peckndirt

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Anyone can see that the society as a whole ,regardless of what you might call civilized nations,is on a moral decline and the time of learning from the past is over. With so many people headed in different directions there is no longer middle ground. The best you can do is find like minded people ,put your faith in god , and prepare for your families future . Regardless of what happens or what others may think I'm putting all of my resources into making sure me and mine are taken care of. I hope I'm wrong , but I think if we wait another 2 years to start getting ready it will be to little to late.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I cant say that this scares me, as much as it motivates me. I know that for the most part, DH and I will be OK. We have a well....chickens,turkeys, and we are getting sheep this spring. We have a large garden, and a small one....fruit trees, berries, and a small pond. We already use wood for heat...and I can easily cook on the woodstove. Now, if the kids all decide to move back home...it might be a little tighter. My advice to you all....get heritage seeds for your garden,learn to save some for the next growing season. Stock up on canning supplies. The flats ( or seals) never go bad....and haveing plenty on hand will be a true lifesaver when canning season comes. Dont put up so many jellies. They use lots of sugar, and jars. Jelly is not a staple. Learn to cann your meats. If the time comes, and you have no power...that freezer will be of no use. Stock up on candles. I do this every year after the holidays..when they holiday candles go on sale. I have a large box with over 100 candles in it, also with extra wicks for my oil lamps. Think ahead...DONT panic....just carry on with your SS ways and always plan for extra guests. You never know who might need your help. Better to help, than to be robbed.
JMHO

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sounds very sensible (I am on the same track)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Learn what wild foods are in your area and where and when to find and use them. Practice a bit now by adding a little to your current eating habits. Some are just survival foods, though, and can be pretty nasty.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I saw him on Glen Beck last week. After I told dh about it he is finally on the band wagon to get things ready "just in case".

As to the local wild foods here in the desert we don't have much that grows that is edible. Although some people do eat cactus, but not us. I would use the flower pods as a dye though, they come in purple & yellow.