Has anyonw else stocked up on.........................................

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We get them, and then i forget we have them, that's how often I fix them LOL

They work well in a pinch when I am not sure what to fix the kids.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay enough lurking I finally registered. I am not sure why this post is going to be my first but here goes. I usually have ramen on hand for salad toppers including chinese chicken salad or mandarin salad over greens and for desperate measures. Ok not really its for when the kids are starving bottomless pits and they can fix it themselves. We always add a slightly whipped egg for egg drop soup like texture and add a little black pepper. My kids won't eat it plain. My sister used to make an egg and ramen dish she learned in Thailand, but the recipe has been lost, it was soooo good.
This is not something I would let the kids eat everyday, however in an emergency situation the high salt content has its benefits.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, SFM! Great to have you here, especially since I thought I could feel someone watching.....ever get that feeling? :lol:

Join in anytime, we love new input on things... :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Beekissed. I enjoy your insight on a lot of subjects. Oh and I hope it is my guardian angel over my shoulder considering I feel that way too.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
Thanks Beekissed. I enjoy your insight on a lot of subjects. Oh and I hope it is my guardian angel over my shoulder considering I feel that way too.
LOL! I think my guardian angel just doesn't like me after all these years of running her ragged! :D Actually, the way my life has been, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't have a whole shift of GAs looking after me.... :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Welcome Sufficientforme

Great forum...jump in and join the conversations and post all the great tips you have! The more we know the better we become for sufficiency!!!! :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you, I tend to lurk and maybe post occasionally. A lot of great information comes from such a diverse age and demographic area of people.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
When the DH and I were in dire straights, we would buy ramen as a staple. Like you said, its cheap, and great in a pinch. I was thinking about it the other day when it comes to stocking up....how hard could it be to boil water over a fire and throw them in? Maybe not the flavor packet, maybe making the noodles into a casserole or something...but I agree, they are cheap and easy!!

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Love Ramen in a hurry! That and a SPAM sandwich go well with a good cold glass of water!

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome sufficientforme~~~ I must let you know.......I do not let my kids eat these all the time. We only use a small portion of the flavor packet and I also give these to needy families in our area that may need a meal or two.

The main reason we stocked up is due to the fact that the Shock market could crash at any given moment.

And your right, you can boil them in a pot over a fire and if you leave out the flavor packet you get rid of most of the sodium.

My daughter and I had a pack yesterday. I had canned some mexican corn and had some left over so we added that and some chicken. YUMMY!!!!!!