Has anyonw else stocked up on.........................................

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Around here people buy them by the cases. It is not unusual to see a couple of cases of them in someone cart at the stores. We have not had them at .10 yet but when we do I will buy a case of them. So far the cheapest has been 8/.99 & I bought some then.

KeyPenCoop

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:lol:........ I used to whip up a couple of eggs, throw in some Italian Seasoning, or salsa and bring them to a quick boil---never liked the flavor packs. Then there were years that I dehydrated vegetables and I think most of them got used in the ramens........as with most other left-overs........
In a pinch, they're great.........now that I am getting older(wiser?) I realize it's been a few years since I 've even seen any Ramen Noodles.........
10 for a dollar, huh...........

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread. I was reading older ones.

I dont have a stock pile of ramen noodles. Just a note, the OP said they are 10/$1.00.. Inflation stinks. They are 7/$1.00 now. At least around here.

I do a stir fry with them.. Cook the noodles without seasonings. Drain and fry in butter with bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and left over chicken.. Then take the seasonings. Add some to water along with soy sauce and Ginger.. Kind of makes it like a terriake noodle.. Every one wants me to cook this stuff. But it takes for ever to do a huge batch of them. But it sure is cheap though..

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Blatantly in defiance of the food police, I boil them, drain them, sprinkle the packet over them, and then fry them into a crisp pancake which I eat as is, without even the slightest hint of vegetables.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ldychef2k said:
Blatantly in defiance of the food police, I boil them, drain them, sprinkle the packet over them, and then fry them into a crisp pancake which I eat as is, without even the slightest hint of vegetables.
Oh my gosh. I do the same thing. Add a bit of butter to the pan. Oh yummy crunchy noodles. Every one here thought I was crazy to eat them that way. A friend introduced me to eatting them that way years and years ago. Now my kids and SIL will eat them fried like that.. Even my MIL now eats them that way. But DH wont touch them that way..

I do that for like a lunch or snack food. The dish I mentioned in my last post is a dinner food.

Im glad Im not the only one to eat them this way..