Has anyonw else stocked up on.........................................

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've got some. Hubby & teen-age son love them for when they want to eat, but don't want to bother with fixing something. LOL

I use just the pasta some for veggies w/ marinara & cheeeeeese (lots of cheese.)

Have you tried the ones in a cup? They are less than fifty cents, and have little bits of dried vegetables and meat (or chicken or shrimp) and they are way better to me. Yes, I will pay an extra 30 cents for dehydrated shrimp! :D

Cassandra

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We always have them on hand but really don't eat them very often.

My favorite way to eat them is to make the chicken flavor, add a healthy squeeze of lime and sprinkle of cilantro and a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce. YUM!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My kids crunch up the noodles and add the flavor packet and eat them dry..... :p I know, nasty! Said they learned it at school. Guess there are worse things to learn at school, huh? :rolleyes:

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to do that in high school all the time. I would pour the dry powder onto a dish, and dip the noodles into the powder, and eat it dry. Sort of like a more substantial version of doritos, only instead of nacho cheese flavored corn chips, it was spicy shrimp flavored wheat squiggles. Totally gross, but at the time I thought it was AWESOME. My friend who lived across the street who had a Korean mom (which I thought meant he knew ALL about ramen... ha!) taught me.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am not for using convience foods but I always have ramen noodles in my pantry. When we were on disabliity they were a main staple in our diet as we ate them every week. The kids love them too. Dh lived on them with salsa & in a tortilla before we met. Needless to say his diet has improved since meeting me.:coolsun
I add vegies & meat to them also to make them a little more nutritous & serve with bread or crackers & apple slices too.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
I am not for using convience foods but I always have ramen noodles in my pantry. When we were on disabliity they were a main staple in our diet as we ate them every week. The kids love them too. Dh lived on them with salsa & in a tortilla before we met. Needless to say his diet has improved since meeting me.:coolsun
I add vegies & meat to them also to make them a little more nutritous & serve with bread or crackers & apple slices too.
Yep, speaking from The Poverty Zone, they have saved us more than once....or my kids wouldn't have eaten. :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Acre of Blessings said:
the Ramen Noodles that are 10 for $1.00 from Food Lion. I have about 10 cases now. People in the store looked at me like I was crazy. I thought to myself "how can I fix a meal for $0.10.

I told the cashier that I added veggies int hem, chicken, beef, you can add taco seasoning and salsa. There are so many ways to use this little cheap meal.

I might even go and get more for some families that might need some food later.
We use those for the ski season we would stock up but we eat quite a few.