HeatherLynnKy on the farm Ranting and hormone crazy tonight warning

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm trying to head that way, but am constantly being pulled back by family. :(

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So, its been 2 months since we put the hams up to cure. Our first hams ever. Chris says there is no bad smell or anything. We are thinking it of going out and pulling them down for a closer look. I am praying they come out well. We have a very old family friend who talked us through the process. She is looking forward to eating a piece of our ham. She was so thrilled someone wanted to know how. I was thrilled that she shared knowledge and her Moms recipe!! I'll post later after our trip to the workshop. ( its hanging from the rafters )

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Aweeeesommmmeeee :drool Slide me a slice too please :D The getting out of debt thing....is where i started too. Weird...and its how I figured out mine and DD's food allergies as well along the way, but it STARTED with Dave Ramsey originally. That's it, this is all his fault :lol: I'll have to be sure to thank him later ;)

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had my doubts about the whole Dave Ramsey thing. In fact I had a financial adviser who advised me to stay away from him. Its crap and the man doesn't know what he is talking about. In following the financial adviser we ended up in bankruptcy. We invested money we didn't really have and lost even more. We left court and I went straight to searching goodwill for Dave's books. It was the start of changing our goals and dreams and really improving our life HUGE.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Family meeting went AWFUL yesterday. Everyone is so busy saying they are busy nothing is getting completed or planned out. So half the stuff they are doing will have to be redone AGAIN. I wanted them to sit down for 30 minutes and just plan out on paper what we need to do. Prioritize. Set some weekend work dates so we can have extra family show up. It was a no go. They said they are too busy to plan anything out. I do have a list of things we must get done and I prioritized and set dates for what the hubby kids and me will get done. I have materials lists so i can make sure stuff is there when DH has time to do a project instead of wasting his free day shopping for materials. My parents have gone rogue and just are going to do stuff by the seat of their pants. My sister is going to ignore everything till its too late to do. Brothers and nephews won't show up for anything but free garden handouts and free eggs. Ah well I tried.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'd be tempted to tell them if they're not going to help, they don't get the eggs and produce.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well I typed a rant but I took it down. Just some hormonal venting I guess.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
You're allowed to do that. We all do. :lol:

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rant if you want its not always hormones that make us fed up, sometimes it's lazy people. Remember the story of the little red hen when it comes to handing out the farm fresh goodies. But who will help me plant the wheat? Not I said the mouse, not I said the cat, ect . "then I will do it myself", sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself although it takes longer. And the excess eggs and produce can be sold to help with the family budget. :D