HeatherLynnKy on the farm Ranting and hormone crazy tonight warning

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Prayers get answered every day and mine has been. Dad went to the doctor today. Despite huge blisters over his entire face and neck. Despite them breaking open and him having raw flesh exposed. He is healing fast and no infection. They gave him silverdine today. HUGE container of it and a refill for another. He is diabetic and is healing up so quickly and well. The doctor was impressed. I am so thankful. It could have been so much worse.

Right now no projects are being worked on. Just wood wood and more wood. We have 6 ricks worth split and probably 2 more ricks worth that is waiting for us. btw a rick is 4x8 x? I think a cord is 4x8x8 or something. My husband wants to know how much he is saving us doing on this work lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Silvodene cream is an absolute godsend!!! We LOVE the stuff!! It works better and faster than anything else, but that crap is EXPENSIVE! Hope he has insurance ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've been wondering how big your ricks are. And, a cord of wood is 8x4x4.

I hear ya on doing nothing but wood. I feel like that's all I'm doing, and I'm getting tired of it! But, next week I have to get the green house cleaned out. It's almost time for me to get stuff started!

drycreek

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Buy the silvadene at your vet, it is the same thing and only a few dollars.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's good to know! Pharmacies charge out the yinyang :smack

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
lol looks like my ricks are really slightly larger cords lol. Man we go through a ton of wood. My mom has like a 50 x20 greenhouse she heats on top of the house which is sort overize too. It would have to be to fit us all but man does it take a ton of wood.

I am struggling through the chores right now. I am trying to cope with severe anxiety from a hormone issue and its enough to drive someone insane. Not sure how I will keep getting everything done while losing my mind but I am going to give it a good shot. Not easy.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry your having a rough time of it. I feel your misery literally. Have you tried Ashwanganda? It helps with stress and I find when I am stressed because of out of wack hormones it helps. I have been taking it for about 6 months and have had good results.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dad is mostly healed up. He looks a bit rough but no infection, just lots of pink skin and blotchy places where the hair won't grow back. He does have a unique look now but I am so thankful he was not more seriously hurt. It still haunts me a bit. I feel very responsible for my parents and they are just running around like immortal idiots at times. The trouble they get into......well they are more challenging than the 4 kids. The basement is not started yet but I have already said it has to be done before school starts again in the fall. So they have their deadline.

We are looking at splitting the cost of one of my brothers steers with a nephew so potentially some grass fed, organic beef for cheap. YAY The garden is on its way already. I am already searching for more canning jars. I plan to can all our tomato stuff like sauce and whole. I am trying to break away from all these toxins in our food but its a slow slow road.

The perimenopause stuff is getting better I think. My husbands says it is anyway. I still feel like I am dying most days. the jitteryness gets to me and the headaches. They are like clockwork too. I still have not found another MD but I need to. I dread it. I seem to find every dud out there. I had an appointment with the actual doctor instead of the rude nurse this time but I ended up canceling it. Just the thought of going there again was causing me anxiety. Even my husband felt going back to the office was a bad idea. The sheer rudeness when I was asking for reasonable care. Can you imagine a doctor telling you who cares if something is wrong with you and does it really matter. Her entire solution for perimenopause was a hysterectomy. ???? I know the doctor is different but it was just more stress. I need to go somewhere that I can feel confident. I lost that but thats ok. Natural remedies are working wonders. I think diet will work great.

No projects are really getting worked on. Just cutting wood, cutting wood and more cutting wood. I hope this weather changes soon. Probably won't but I wish.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was so excited today. Until the garden is ready I cannot can my own veggies and some are just not in season so out of the can we eat. stuff like beets and tomato cause. Well today i found beats in a glass jar and they were no more expensive than what I had been buying in the can. i am trying to get away from all sources of plastics touching my food. Yea its not as easy as it sounds. it really impossible but I can try right? I am eating some beets tomorrow to celebrate lol. I got artichoke hearts in glass jars too. WOOT

This is a huge part of my self sufficiency plans as of late. Just getting healthy and away from all this crap. It feels like our food has become a toxic waste dump. Heck other countries agree and have banned tons of stuff we allow still. Amazing how such a wealthy, educated people can just sit back and not realize this. Anywho the more I cut out the better I feel. Its a slow detox that will last a lifetime I think.

So garden plans this year for me are. Roma tomatoes ( at least 10 plants) zuccinni and yellow squash, spaghetti squash, delicata squash ( yes i really love squash), The asparagus should be producing for us this year so that is AWESOME, I would love fresh brussel sprouts. I gave up on broccolli and cauliflower. Its hopeless, we never get any. I would like to grow our own corn but that never goes well either. I might buy from the amish this year. They seem to have so much better luck than me on corn. I also am going to grow beets and carrots again. Those are so easy but I want to at least double my beds for those. With 8 of us its hard to grow too much. Mom is doing peppers, lettuce, peanuts and potatoes. Oh and leeks. YUCK.

Anywho the herb garden still has to be planned out too. I know I want toothache plant, fever few, clary sage, lavender, camomile and thyme. I know there are others i should plant but its better to start simple and grow on that start. I am excited about it though. I think having my little garden away from everyone will be very wonderful for my stress.

Found a solar panel on sale today too. Now i just have to figure out how we want to use this find. Always looking for the best effect for the family.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you have it together :) I can't wait to get in the dirt more. I never feel accomplished on gardening until I have the first tomato. I get so ancy :lol: