Hell hole

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
These idiots riot, burn businesses, then when the ashes settle, the dumb a$$es no longer have a laundromat, grocery store, drug store...... and they wonder why....
And if they happen to be protesting in South Africa, get mad because they don't have all these things any more :rolleyes:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's mostly like that in all the big cities and has been for decades or longer.

When we lived back in Virginia, there was a reason hubby had a concealed carry. We lived in a place Norfolk for almost a year that was ghetto. Literally. At least one shooting every night and drug busts a few times a week in the houses around the apartments. We are nice to everyone and mind our own business, so we were left alone.

We moved to Virginia Beach after that. Still in pretty much the cheapest place around. They catered to military so it was better, but we could barely afford it. VA Beach was systematically closing all trailer parks and forcing out low income apartments. Their goal at that point was no one living in the city that made less than $80k. They felt it would make it better for tourists.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's mostly like that in all the big cities and has been for decades or longer.

When we lived back in Virginia, there was a reason hubby had a concealed carry. We lived in a place Norfolk for almost a year that was ghetto. Literally. At least one shooting every night and drug busts a few times a week in the houses around the apartments. We are nice to everyone and mind our own business, so we were left alone.

We moved to Virginia Beach after that. Still in pretty much the cheapest place around. They catered to military so it was better, but we could barely afford it. VA Beach was systematically closing all trailer parks and forcing out low income apartments. Their goal at that point was no one living in the city that made less than $80k. They felt it would make it better for tourists.

While living in North Carolina - I've been to Virginia Beach a few times with my wife. It's a rough place also but not as bad as Saint Louis thumbs_down

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH wow - except for the good looking mud bug and pasta dish - that really was a horrible place!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow what a horrid place. I don't do cities, but I am thankful because our cities in NH are pretty safe. And I consider Boston to be a pretty decent city, pretty much that's as far as I ever go!

We lived in Connecticut for a while, I went on one trip to New Haven. It was horrifying!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Also- really? It's more dangerous than Chicago? Crazy... Glad you were safe. I carry everywhere, but have never needed it. But goes to show you, it'll save your behind.