Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Here is a pic I found a while back of a sewing cabinet that is made from an old treadle cabinet. Maybe hubby can use this as an idea. :D

266_sewing2.jpg

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:love I will have to share that!
He just told me of another possible score. The guy who sold him the hay said his sister (whose son had DH as a teacher-the mom adores DH...) used to have goats and he thinks she may still have a milking stand that she'd be willing to sell/give us. :woot
Back line of fence is up. Side is going up now.
The vet called to say next Saturday morning will be great and gave me his home phone to keep him posted. We're getting there!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We're heading north in a few hours to meet the MA Nubians and Free!!!
The goat fence is done except for the gate. And the electric....
I just made a double batch of sorghum waffles for the freezer for DS's breakfast, baked a batch of bacon. We sat on the deck to eat breakfast. It was so nice and peaceful, listening to our chickens and ducks and the orioles nesting in one of our oaks, and the other song birds. And then of course the nextdoor neighbor tried to start one of his backhoe and filled the air with smoke. It didn't want to run right so he turned it off and got on his riding mower. Then everyone else in the neighborhood did the same.
Ah, nice peaceful Sunday mornings in New England. And I'm about to spoil it all with a couple of goats.... :hide

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:weee :clap Your going to get goats woo hoo, and meet Free. Take pictures we want to see it all. How much fun is that?

I am sooooo excited!!!! :ya :weee :ya

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
GRrrr!
I called the farm to confirm today but the other guy is there and said he hasn't heard that the guy we're supposed to meet is actually going to be there! He hasn't been on the farm since Friday morning. He suggested that we wait until we hear that the guy is definitely planning on being there. Since it's an hour drive for both us and Free I agree! So I've left Free a message to call me. Sigh. We'd only be meeting his does today since I don't plan on buying more than one and I don't have other goats here to keep her company yet.... so I wasn't going to be bringing anyone home. I'm disappointed that it may not work out but not as much as I might have been.
On a more positive note, the gate is almost ready to hang!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We're still on! I missed his call but he left a message on my cell and is planning on us being there around 2:45. :cool:
Will confirm with Free when she calls me around 1:00.
DH is at HD again, this time picking up corner bracing for the gate. We'll be back there again before the day is out I bet. We're going to be ready to start building the interior wall. :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Okay, I think I'm ready. I have my cell phone charged, my camera with battery charged and put back in the camera (don't ask), phone # for the farm, Free's cell #, directions both printed and in the GPS, snacks.
DS needs to change his shoes. He's in Crocs which I don't think are farm friendly....
The gate is hung and sturdified. My word. :plbb
Dogs in crates with fresh water and we're outta here in a few minutes. Pictures later!

Status
Not open for further replies.