Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
WOW! those spots are the business!!! what a fun time! yay you guys!
:)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
No offense taken. It was pretty clear to me when I read Free's post the second time :rolleyes: :p
:hugs
I don't always connect names with posts on other threads and I'm distracted too for very different reasons. As long as you don't think I was being insensitive. I'm hoping no news from the vet means she's holding her own and on the mend. Hope she's home soon!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
WOW! those spots are the business!!! what a fun time! yay you guys!
:)
Now you can see why Free really wanted me to go meet them!! If I had all the space and $$ I'd bring them both home. I'm already feeling guilty that the pen here is going to be much smaller than the pasture they are used to. No pasture here at all. In fact I'm really beating myself up over that one. They will adjust right? Especially if I'm home all summer to shower them with love and affection??? Right? :(

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The pictures are just beautiful.. I think it's a good thing you had Free with you. Now if it was Aly or Becca you probably would have had that cow in your back seat on the way home. :lol:

I can't wait to see which goat you bring home.

gina

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:lol:
Don't get me started on that steer! He is supposed to become veal and I don't see that happening. Total mush of a sweetheart. I have a friend who has Highlands but what she would do with a steer, I don't know!
5 days until goats! :woot

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Don't worry about your space. They will all adapt and be happy. As long as they have food, water, shelter, companionship, and someone to scratch their backs (especially if they no longer have two long back-scratchers attached to their heads!) they will be deliriously happy. You can bring them leafy branches to reduce your guilt, too. Remember, they all have to eat just hay for a good chunk of the year here in New England, so it will just be like late fall for Donki, without the cold! She will be just fine, really.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Don't worry about your space. They will all adapt and be happy. As long as they have food, water, shelter, companionship, and someone to scratch their backs (especially if they no longer have two long back-scratchers attached to their heads!) they will be deliriously happy. You can bring them leafy branches to reduce your guilt, too. Remember, they all have to eat just hay for a good chunk of the year here in New England, so it will just be like late fall for Donki, without the cold! She will be just fine, really.
Thanks. Needed to hear that. So glad we found a good hay source. AND I think we can store more than I originally thought, probably at least 6 bales at a time. More if I clean out the shed a little better. We passed a field where they were haying on our way home. We all noticed and said, Oooh, hay! at the same time.
I'm not sure who will enjoy the back scratching more, me, the goats or Alex. He disappeared in the backyard for a bit then brought me a maple sapling he'd broken off somehow and asked if the goats would like it. I told him to hold off 'til they're here before breaking off anymore, but yes, they would be very happy!
Oh! I almost forgot. We were enjoying our white bean chicken chili on the deck when the neighbor started up both the backhoe and the chainsaw at the same time. He cut down a huge tree not too far from the property line. It came down just fine although I worried about it taking out our dividing fence for a few seconds. What occured to me was that it will create some more sunlight in OUR yard, on the side where I have my container garden. :ya Thank you Tony! I wonder if he'll be taking down more?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Forgot to tell you, my dad told me tonight he expects me to let him milk!! He milked goats as a kid (he's 82) and I think needs to prove something to himself. Heck, if he can do it and I have someone to milk on the odd occasion I am not here to do it~yay Dad!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My dad couldn't wait to milk when the folks lived with us this past winter. He milked often, and in the worst weather, I would offer to make a pie if he milked. He was always out that door like a shot! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.